Talk

Advanced search

Sod the Big Hair - I have a Babyliss Waving Wand and that really is good

(21 Posts)
LovelyDaffs Wed 22-Jun-11 11:39:19

I don't get the rave reviews that the Big Hair gets, I am quite adept and blow drying and turning under my hair already, so I think that's probably why. However I picked up a waving wand in Tesco (half price about £15) and it's totally fab. I now look just like Cat Deeley - well I don't, but my hair looks like hers. It took a little while to get the hang of it, it doesn't have a clamp like curling tongs you just wind your hair around it (heat protecting glove supplied). I defy you not to love it.

CrispyHedgehog Wed 22-Jun-11 11:40:41

I have one of those and just can't get the hang of it at all sad

No no no no. Big hair - ok, it's pants for my hair. My new miracle is heated rollers! Wash hair*, dry hair*, comb hair (all whilst rollers are on), roll rollers into hair and secure, go throw breakfast and the kids, drink some coffee, grabs your things, undo all the clips whilst going out the door - bingo.

*optional

I have no idea how you are suppossed to curl the last inch with a wand confused

MayorNaze Wed 22-Jun-11 11:46:37

i had one

i hated it

i took it back

sorry

LovelyDaffs Wed 22-Jun-11 11:50:04

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUfEdWKOP0 I found it easier once I watched this.

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 11:57:18

I always find curling wands so laborious. Having to wind it round then hold for 10 seconds...hands in air...its boring! I guess that's why I prefer the GHD method, you are moving all the time.

Glad you like it though! Whatever you need to get your waves!

LovelyDaffs Wed 22-Jun-11 12:01:50

Tatty - I've been doing the GHD method for ages, but this give a different look more wavy rather than curly. I'll be doing both.

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 12:16:01

Yes its a very boho wave isn't it. Excellent!

HalfTermHero Wed 22-Jun-11 12:47:25

Yes, it is VERY good, the curling wand. Really easy and curls stay in a long time.

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 12:48:54

HalfTermHero every time I see your name I think of my friend who always manages to suggest really good activities that fill whole days and tire children out during half term. She is my real life half term hero!!!

HalfTermHero Wed 22-Jun-11 12:56:57

Lol, Tatty, yes come half term I try to get through it as heroically as possible. Notice that I am not SummerHolidayHero. It would take a true warrior to make that claim ;-)

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 22-Jun-11 15:00:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-11 17:24:59

I remember my mum used to have a great thing. Put lightweight rollers in your hair - then put on a shower cap type thing, plug a long tube into a hair dryer contraption on your hip and walk around with it and the heat stays in the cap. I must google and see if you can still get them - tis bout 30 years ago.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 22-Jun-11 17:32:14

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-11 17:36:06

Just googled - seems like there are ones around - google 'hair bonnet.' Vidal sassoon does one - though it gets rubbish reviews on Argos. Might be better ones out there.

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-11 17:38:55

And it looks like you can use it for deep conditioner treatments too!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 23-Jun-11 13:32:12

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 23-Jun-11 13:32:31

savoycabbage Thu 23-Jun-11 13:37:37

Do you use any 'product' as they say with the heated rollers? Mine seems to stay curly for between five to eight minutes before looking like a bag of rags.

VeraGood Thu 23-Jun-11 13:40:46

it looks shit

the principle is "bugger up your hair at the roots so it sticks out like a nob

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Thu 23-Jun-11 14:15:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now