Talk

Advanced search

*Winefairy*, *MadameCholet* and other P and M Lucia (and LKB Annina)fans, views, please!

(13 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 22-Jun-11 11:19:14

Hi, it's me yet again. Still undecided on bag front - except have decided I will try the Boden slouch in graphite in sale if poss., and will also definitely try a Lucia (did see an Amelie in RL but too big and not soft enough for me).

I do have one more question for you, though - sorry. Planned to get a tan Lucia but winefairy said it was an 'odd colour'. Know it's hard to describe colours, but could you expand at all on that, winefairy? Too yellowy? Too orange-toned? Dark? Great if you could - and if anyone else can say what they think of the tan.

Otherwise, guess I'm going to have to order a tan and a camel and just decide for myself.

On L K Bennett Annina front, had decided snake definitely - only to find the strap is shorter on that, so doesn't sit on my shoulder so comfortably as plain colours. So have decided to wait till autumn and see what colours and styles they have in Annina then.

TIA.

polyhymnia Wed 22-Jun-11 13:41:20

Bump!

madammecholet Wed 22-Jun-11 14:15:42

Morning polyymnia,

I love my Camel Lucia as it just seems to go with everything, its a type of straw tan rather than a orangey colour, wearing it today with jeans and navy jumper and it looks v v classy.

The tan looks alot darker on the website, which may be ok going into autumn/winter though....If you're unsure order both but if you only want to order one i'd pick the Camel...

MisSalaneous bought the tan and loved it, on this thread....

grin

NewChoos Wed 22-Jun-11 14:19:53

I returned my Jigsaw Amelie bag but am very pleased with the Graphite Boden, I hope it's in the sale for you!

winefairy Wed 22-Jun-11 14:37:27

Hi polyhymnia

I really wanted to love the tan Lucia but every single person I've shown it to asked if it was leather. The shade makes it look really plasticky. It's not orangey at all and it's very similar to how it looks online to be fair but not quite as you'd expect. A slightly different tone. And the grain was smooth which didn't help. I would order both if you can as I'm aware it may just have been my tan Lucia. The camel is lovely though. Really lovely.

Good luck with the Boden in graphite. Not too long to go now so you might be in luck! smile

polyhymnia Wed 22-Jun-11 14:41:11

Thanks everyone - am just wondering if Boden sale might start tomorrow pm so will try and be near the college PC/ checking my iphone! Think I'll just have to order the two Lucias and see how they look. Don't like the sound of plasticky but, as you say, it might have been a one-off, I suppose.

winefairy Wed 22-Jun-11 15:10:40

As of this afternoon, Boden are still saying end of the month for the sale starting.

moragbellingham Wed 22-Jun-11 15:10:47

I'm wondering the same about the sale - I got the Graphite slouch when it was £101 as I didn't think it would get down to half price in the sale. Think I might like the tan though......

Megatron Wed 22-Jun-11 15:10:52

I have the camel Lucia (Madammecholet MADE me buy it) and it's really lovely. It's a kind of rich buttery colour and goes with anything. I think it's gorgeous.

madammecholet Wed 22-Jun-11 16:57:00

you know you love me megatron grin

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 22-Jun-11 17:05:06

I got the Boden slouchy bag and returned it. The leather didn't feel that nice and it had a very strong chemical smell about it.

I got the Peony and Moore Evelina instead which is gorgeous. I also have the Lucia in camel which is so soft, it's divine.

madammecholet Wed 22-Jun-11 17:21:36

Did you get the evelina in the sale Doyouthinktheysaurus , I was sorely tempted but I am on a handbag ban...(for a second or two)wink..

which colour did you get?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 22-Jun-11 18:59:20

Yes madamme, I got the cognac, it's a darker colour than it looks on the website but really lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now