Talk

Advanced search

should I get my eyelashes tinted?

(9 Posts)
branstonsandcheese Tue 21-Jun-11 22:41:26

Have tiny, tiny, deep-set eyes (am often asked if I am half chinese - am not). Have recently put on a lot of weight - steroids - and had a horrible shock when looking at pics taken of me (sans makeup), last week. Look like featureless potato sad

I have dark lashes (brown hair) but mascara does make a difference. However I also have very sensitive eyes and contacts so daily mascara-wearing isn't practical. Eyelashes are SHORT though.

Should I get my lashes tinted? The place I go for threading offers it for £8 so I got a patch test done a couple of days ago. Am off camping for the weekend and quite fancy not looking quite so much like a featureless potato.

I use eyebrow gel (bit like mascara) from blinc but would consider getting my eyebrows tinted, um, if you told me to blush

apple99 Tue 21-Jun-11 22:45:11

I get my eyebrows tinited and it makes such a difference. I sometimes get my lashes tinted but still find myself applying mascara as I like the length and thickening it gives. Tinted lashes are fab if you have naturally long lashes and can get away with no mascara. Otherwise a good pair of lash curlers would probably benefit you more if you have dark lashes anway.

TheFarSide Tue 21-Jun-11 22:46:15

I would say absolutely yes to both eyelashes and brows. It gives my features definition and it is wonderful not having to worry about mascara etc. I do mine myself about once a month but usually end up with some in my eye, so if your eyes are sensitive you should probably let the professionals do it.

Magna Tue 21-Jun-11 22:48:59

Op I actually had my eyelashes tinted for the first time yesterday and I am really pleased. It was really quick and easy and not a hassle at all.

branstonsandcheese Tue 21-Jun-11 22:56:43

My lashes are short but I can see that they start off darker than the roots than the tips, if that makes sense? I do think there would be a difference, albeit a subtle one, if they were darkened. I'll give it a go if you think it's a good idea!

I like darkening my brows as it does give my face some structure, especially if I'm wearing my glasses, BUT I am worried my skin might get dyed if I get them tinted too? How do they stop that happening?

I've seen people get their lashes dyed at this place and it looks a bit nerve-wracking, they have their heads back with white cream (or tissue?) under their eyes and have to keep their eyes closed but I'll try anything once (can always claim I walked into a door if I end up with two black eyes, or will that Not Happen and I shouldn't worry?)

polyhymnia Tue 21-Jun-11 23:23:16

Definitely yes - always have my brows and lashes tinted and it makes a difference and cuts down faffing with mascara. It's straightforward and painless at a good salon. Cream or Vaseline is used to make sure your skin doesn't get dyed and you only have to keep your eyes closed about 10 minutes for the lashes - can be quite relaxing.

TheFarSide Wed 22-Jun-11 17:24:48

When I dye my eyebrows at home, the skin underneath the hairs does get dye on it but it scrubs off with exfoliator.

branstonsandcheese Wed 22-Jun-11 17:39:36

I got my lashes done (she shouted at me because I opened my eyes too soon - I'd misunderstood what she was saying - didn't get dye anywhere it shouldn't've been though), it was fine and straightforward but I don't see a huge difference, I think my lashes are just too stubby sad

Is tattooed eyeliner okay? Just a weeny thin line to fill in the lashline? Or does that way madness lie. It probably does, doesn't it.

chipstick10 Wed 22-Jun-11 18:14:45

I do mine at home. Looks great and defo gives definition although i still wear mascara. Do my eyebrows also it makes such a diff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now