Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Holiday shoes, opinions wanted...

(4 Posts)
UnfortunateLikeness Tue 21-Jun-11 21:02:50

I don't usually do heels So am looking for a wedge that's not too high and not too dressy. I'm a 12 on the bottom but with comedy norks. I'd be wearing them with jeans mostly, and maybe a cigarette pant if I can find one.

My whole wardrobe is naff and could do with an overhaul (would like to be able to do 'parisian chic' so have been looking at www.deadfleurette.com/ and www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ for inspiration.

I can't decide between these or these.

I'm not sure Clarks is the right way to go, any recommendations would be great but mail order is out unless for real bargains.

UnfortunateLikeness Tue 21-Jun-11 21:54:08

Also, have I missed the breton boat or is it classic enough not to date?

Does anyone know where I can find one with a neckline to suit a large bust and shoulders? Not sure about this one.

slightlybonkers Tue 21-Jun-11 23:31:46

don't like the tie thing on the jaegar breton t-shirt, just go for a classic breton t-shirt - petit bateau are good, they last really well
www.petit-bateau.us/Womens_lightweight_Mariniere_/pd/np/600/p/2881.html
go on ebay.fr for cheaper ones

These topshop wedge sandals have good reviews
www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2415592&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=wedge&pageSize=20

neither of the clark shoes are very exciting; what about these Vanessa Bruno
heels - not wedges but nice!
www.theoutnet.com/product/82967
or
www.net-a-porter.com/product/96893
or
www.net-a-porter.com/product/97225

UnfortunateLikeness Wed 22-Jun-11 10:43:16

I love that breton top- never occured to me to check petit bateau. It looks perfect.

I like those see by chloe shoes, might look for a slightly cheaper alternative though. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: