Talk

Advanced search

Je vais a Paris on Thursday and no idea what to pack. Help an old bird

(7 Posts)
SharonGless Tue 21-Jun-11 20:55:41

Style queens - I am taking DC to visit family in Paris on Thursday and have packed for them but am looking despairingly into my wardrobe wondering what the hell I should pack.

This is what I have so far -
White linen trousers + two tops that could be worn if out for dinner
White stuff skirt - patterned thing + one pink vest top and one green that would go with it.
Green casual dress with capped sleeves for daytime
I do not possess a maxi dress as have searched high and low but look like a large flump in them but feeling I should have tried harder and will just look frumpy

I have pair of ballet pumps and wedges plus some flat sandals.

Need an outfit to travel in - was thinking of navy lightweight trousers with ballet pumps, orange floaty top thing and a cream scarf?

I really don't have time to go shopping before I go as got to work tomorrow plus parents evening.

SharonGless Tue 21-Jun-11 21:21:38

Also have a jumpsuit to be worn with belt and wedges also to go out for dinner. Anyone have any thoughts or inspiration?

polyhymnia Tue 21-Jun-11 23:33:22

I would keep it simple for travelling - and for when you're there -with something on lines of your best jeans, simple tops (striped, or even plain?) and ballet pumps or Converse (or Converse type).

Wouldn't personally go go for bright colour or floaty tops, or lots of pattern, as think the Parisian style is simpler, and under-stated. Really wouldn't pursue maxi dress, particularly if it doesn't suit you, as don't think you'll see many there except on tourists. Definitely not frumpy not to have one there!

And I'd leave the jumpsuit at home too, and stick to simple dress/es, with nice necklace.

hattymattie Wed 22-Jun-11 07:08:59

All I can say is it's showers and sun so bring a waterprooof and/or umberella. Do not wear jumpsuit in Paris. Maxi not a good idea either. Ballet pumps/nice top and straight leg trousers. Poly's right. Weather supposed to improve for the weekend.

TattyDevine Wed 22-Jun-11 07:13:52

Just bring an empty suitcase and a credit card my dear x

worldgonecrazy Wed 22-Jun-11 08:33:05

I agree with polyhymnia to keep it simple. Have you made dinner reservations yet or are you just going to find a bistro in the evening? Are you going to be shopping? Sightseeing? Culture vulturing?

The only patterned dresses I ever wear in Paris are a Missoni and a John Paul Gaultier, otherwise I keep it simple, smart jeans and plain but (hopefully) stylish top. We usually get mistaken for Italians rather than English because of the way we dress to I think we're doing something right wink

Ballet pumps and wedges are ideal.

SharonGless Wed 22-Jun-11 17:57:04

Cheers all - needed objective advice as asked my sis who said "You will look lovely in whatever you wear!"

Jumpsuit at home and glad I haven't got a maxi dress then.

Will be doing activities with the children so picnics, aqua park and shopping. Possibly cinema one night and dinner out a couple of nights

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now