Talk

Advanced search

estee Lauder, clinique or MAC lash primer?

(8 Posts)
MooMinCow Tue 21-Jun-11 20:32:26

am thinking of buying a lash primer, and from online reviews these three seem to come top. anybody tried them? worth the money? my lashes seem to have shrunk recently-think they need some TLC and boost. thanks

MooMinCow Tue 21-Jun-11 23:07:07

hopeful bump smile

Havingkittens Tue 21-Jun-11 23:14:05

I use, and love, the MAC one. It makes a massive difference!

MooMinCow Tue 21-Jun-11 23:46:46

hi HK. I normally use Plushlash, but just feel like my lashes are falling out and not as thick as they were (is that an age thing?). would it help with that? also, do you apply mascara while primer is still wet or do you have to wait till dry, then cover with mascara? I have naturally black lashes and dark skin, and the primers are normally White aren't they - will that look weird on me?

sorry for bombarding you with questions blush.

Havingkittens Tue 21-Jun-11 23:56:14

The MAC one isn't too white. It's a sort of transluscent cream colour and doesn't, thankfully, make your lashes look like a zebra crossing if you don't cover it thoroughly! I put a coat of it on, then touch the tips of my lashes with it again, and then straight away put my mascara on over the top. Not when it's particularly wet, but don't leave it ages to dry either if that makes sense. I won't help reduce lash drop but it makes what you have look thicker and longer.

MooMinCow Wed 22-Jun-11 09:25:49

thanks HK. will buy one this weekend and give it a go!

HappyAsIAm Wed 22-Jun-11 10:46:26

estee lauder one (lash primer plus - I got in as a free gift) is crap. it just sort of sticks all your eyelashes together. not good!

gregssausageroll Wed 22-Jun-11 14:01:32

none - smashbox is the best one I found,.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now