Talk

Advanced search

Comfy work shoes. Can anyone recommend please?

(15 Posts)
GlendaTheGrizzlyPiggy Tue 21-Jun-11 18:23:40

I'm on my feet a lot at work and my work shoes are giving me really sore feet. I have had to bribe, blackmail and beg DP for a foot massage every night this week.

Can anyone reccomend me some sensible, comfortable work shoes? I've been looking at these but I'm not sure, the reviews arn't very detailed and I don't want to go spending £40 on a crap pair of shoes. Me and my feet will be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

MrsMeow Tue 21-Jun-11 18:35:23

I wear these to work. Really bloody ugly, but like wearing slippers! I've worn them almost every day for the past 3 years and they're just about on their last legs now - and that's only because they're looking scruffy, they've still got lots of life left in them otherwise.

lostmymind Tue 21-Jun-11 18:50:09

I appreciate you may want to run screaming from the room, but these www.landsend.co.uk/pp/Double-Stitchout-Ballet-Shoes-~3994_253.html?bcc=y&CM_MERCH=IDX_00009__0000000389&origin=index are very similar to probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned (not including trainers in this), mine are an earlier genertaion of this lands end pair.
I'll hold the door open if you still want to run.

pointydog Tue 21-Jun-11 19:02:46

arggh, not the dreaded land's end.

Sometimes Clarks have some ok shoes

Realitystrikesback Tue 21-Jun-11 19:06:37

Hush puppies!

cruelladepoppins Tue 21-Jun-11 19:19:34

Another vote here for Land's End ballets! Some on sale as we speak [type?]

I also have these Hush Puppies if you need something more elegant looking - and they are very comfy

Also try Caprice, I have a pair a couple years old (couldn't find them on the web but there are loads more); heeled mary-janes, they have some marvellous foot-friendly padding in them.

pointydog Tue 21-Jun-11 19:25:32

I swear I will be over 60 before I consider buying anything (other than a parka) from land's end.

higgle Tue 21-Jun-11 19:37:10

Camper shoes are always very comfortable these clogs here don't cost that much more than some Clarks shoes and would look good with opaques in the autumn too.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Tue 21-Jun-11 20:01:57

Ugh. I like comfy shoes as much as the next person but wouldn't be seen in any of the ones linked thus far. I tend to go for Clarks ballet flats or DM cone heels or Clarks wedges.

I'm on my feet all day as a teacher but tbh I take my shoes off half of the time anyway! How about trying some insoles in your normal pair first?

gregssausageroll Tue 21-Jun-11 20:08:33

clarks.

Realitystrikesback Tue 21-Jun-11 20:09:44

Comfy shoes may be ugly but you can take them off. Bunions are ugly and once you've got then you have to have a operation to take them off

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Tue 21-Jun-11 20:18:29

I had some Hush Puppies once and they were okay but they tend to come up too wide for my narrow little feet.

You are right, Reality - but I do think that there are nicer looking shoes (that are still comfortable) than some of the ones on here.

I've got these in black and in red and these in black and in pink. Also these in black.

None are beautiful but they are okay.

Realitystrikesback Tue 21-Jun-11 20:47:09

If you have narrow feet you need to size down for hush puppies.

GlendaTheGrizzlyPiggy Wed 22-Jun-11 09:25:13

Thank you smile I shall be having a good old nosy about on those links in a minute.

Our uniform code for work is very strict so sadly pretty much all half decent looking shoes are banned, although when you're wearing a black and lime green ensemble all day there's only so much nice shoes can do for you anyway.

By this point I don't care if they look exactly like turds on my feet as long as they're comfy grin.

PopBiscuits Wed 22-Jun-11 13:11:37

No no no to all them.

You need to look at Skechers.

On phone so can't handle doing links right now.

Google them and see what you find.

The soles of them are essentially trainers but they are done up to look like shoes. Nice depending on what the rest of your work gear is obviously.

High powered & suited up a la 'The Apprentice', they are not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now