Talk

Advanced search

Phase 8 maxi dress and other potentials

(20 Posts)
NewChoos Tue 21-Jun-11 17:35:08

Please can I have some opinions on this dress please. Have just started to update my wardrobe now DS is 3 months old. I still need to lose a stone (and a half...) but need some things to make me feel more me now, but don't want to spend too much in case I lose weight in next 2-3 months.
I need things for nice days out/lunches and feel a bit lost as seems ages since I shopped for me!
Am 5f4, slim legs, carry weight around tummy.

I would need to wear heels with it, does skim tummy area.

www.johnlewis.com/213424/Product.aspx

I am also thinking about getting this

www.johnlewis.com/244269/Product.aspx

and this
www.reissonline.com/shop/womens/cottons/theodora/mocha/

and have just purchased thishttp://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WK641/Womens-Linen-Mix-Tunic.html

and some slim fitting black trousers from Gap.

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

NewChoos Tue 21-Jun-11 17:36:46

sorry link didn't work
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WK641/Womens-Linen-Mix-Tunic.html

pink4ever Tue 21-Jun-11 17:58:10

Phase eight dress fab-I got a few things in the sale from there the other day but they didnt have that dress left in my sizesad. They had the hayley one though-the turquoise one with the beaded neck? am toying with conning money out of dh to get that!.

Keziahhopes Tue 21-Jun-11 18:13:19

I have the Jigsaw dress - it is great for concealing a stomach that is not quite what one would want (me that is!)

SilentSinger Tue 21-Jun-11 18:40:36

I have the Phase Eight dress and it is lovely. I haven't worn it yet but having tried it on in the shop, I couldn't leave it behind smile

Slainte Tue 21-Jun-11 20:06:06

I have the navy and white phase 8 dress and wore it at the weekend. It's very slimming from the front as the eyes are drawn inwards. However, I have just seen some photos of myself from the side and the dress makes me look much bigger/wider on the side!

Slainte Tue 21-Jun-11 20:08:50

Sorry silentsinger blush

Zwitterion Tue 21-Jun-11 20:12:28

I have the Jigsaw dress and it is lovely. Hand wash though - don't know if that makes a difference to you?

SilentSinger Tue 21-Jun-11 20:35:17

Oh arse Slainte I'll have to stand in a corner now so no one can see me side on! grin

katz Tue 21-Jun-11 20:50:12

slainte - the phase 8 dress - does it have room for a bust?

roary Tue 21-Jun-11 22:00:30

I have the phase 8 dress too. It's gorgeous. Much complimented and can be dressed up or down. I am tall and would have liked it a fraction longer so would be good for the shorter of stature.

I am moderately busty and it works for me. Can't wear a bra with it though, as it's more halter-necked than it first appears.

Zwitterion Tue 21-Jun-11 22:11:56

I just thought if you're worried about your stomach this is very flattering. I have it in navy but the grey is good too. this dress

AutumnWitch Tue 21-Jun-11 22:43:00

I also have the phase 8 dress (after some dithering and prompting from MN!).
It fits me beautifully - I usually need a bigger top size than skirts and find dresses really hard to get, but this is perfect. I've worn it several times already.

The very nice ladies in the JL lingerie section found me a strapless bra to go with it as well.

NewChoos Wed 22-Jun-11 14:14:03

I am going to examine rear/side reflection when DH gets home (and I don't have a permanently bf'ing baby on my lap). From the front I did think was very flattering although a bit too long, but I could get it taken up an inch or so.

Jigsaw dress seems to be sold out, that will teach me for procrastinating.

pink4ever The turquoise phase 8 dress is lovely and still available on JL website.

katz Wed 22-Jun-11 17:16:00

i have accidentally bought the phase 8 dress too although went for the brown one rather than navy.

Slainte Wed 22-Jun-11 23:18:23

Katz yes room for a bust and is a good shape on the cleavage

higgle Wed 22-Jun-11 23:30:58

I love the Jigsaw dress - you can guarantee it will have class and look really understated and chic.

katz Thu 23-Jun-11 12:15:01

slainte - thanks i have it on order now

katz Fri 24-Jun-11 11:51:04

arrived today and its fab love it in the brown, i need to get one a bra strap thingy which turn normal bras into racer back ones. Other 2 dresses going back as there too big!! woohoo!

NewChoos Sat 25-Jun-11 13:30:40

Have examined rear/side view and doesn't seem too bad (and I am rather rotund at the moment - not sure how long I can wind out the I have a new born excuse for this!)

I purchased a navy stripy dress in Jigsaw - sorry no link, am very pleased with it! JL sale is very good, spent a pleasant couple of hours wandering round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now