Talk

Advanced search

wedding reception-advice please!

(6 Posts)
carmenelectra Tue 21-Jun-11 09:28:06

I've got an evening invite to a wedding soon, nothing too posh. Normal hotel. Having a dilemma over outfit to buy.

Would like a dress, ?maxi? But then what shoes? I would wear a shorter dress but no no to bare legs. So would tights/leggings/footless tights look too wintery? Or even possibly a dressy jumpsiit and high heels?

Am slim size 8-10.
Cheers

Birdsgottafly Tue 21-Jun-11 09:35:25

There are some lovely jumpsuits about. It depends wether you are showing your shoes under the maxi, sometimes you can suit yourself. I enjoy dressing up so tbh i dress in what i like, it doesn't matter to me what other people wear. The size you are, you should be able to wear whatever you choose.

carmenelectra Tue 21-Jun-11 10:02:34

I prefer hi heels for night time/going out so I'm guessing wedges for maxi dress. I would wear flip flops for day.

carmenelectra Tue 21-Jun-11 14:11:41

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Lugsie Tue 21-Jun-11 14:18:31

If its definitely a maxi dress you want I just thought I'd show you one I bought from Next last week here

Its not very weddingy but should be ok for the evening do, especially if the weather is summery, plus it looks lovely on (and is only £45!) I'm going to wear mine with tan coloured wedges smile

BulletWithAName Tue 21-Jun-11 14:28:31

I just linked to a gorgeous maxi on another thread- here it is Would look fab with some gold wedges, and they also have it in red.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now