Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a dress

(11 Posts)
custardismyhamster Tue 21-Jun-11 01:02:05

I am 24, with red (dyed red, so proper red, think rihanna red but not as strong) hair, size 16, big boobs, big tummy.

I'm going out with the girls to Leeds (local big city) and so need to be dressier than my usual jeans and a vest top failsafe.

I am planning to wear the dress with coloured tights and black patent heels, so ideally want just below knee length. Needs to be v neck or something else that flatters boobs. If I can hide the tops of my arms, even better.

Any ideas? Also, what bag?

I'm stuck, looked on new look, topshop, riverisland etc and no joy sad

Hopefully someone can help. Budget £50 really.

xiaoqss Tue 21-Jun-11 01:32:12

Message deleted

piprabbit Tue 21-Jun-11 01:39:26

Something like this? if you think an 18 might do?

Elemental Tue 21-Jun-11 09:58:41

I have just bought this from Monsoon and it is lovely, and also fantastic at skimming my c section tummy. Not sure if you think it will go with red hair, personally I like reds and muted purples together.
Monsoon dress

TapselteerieO Tue 21-Jun-11 10:23:52

black crepe dress

cape sleeve oasis

TapselteerieO Tue 21-Jun-11 10:36:45

obi dress

BunnyLebowski Tue 21-Jun-11 11:01:13

This could look amazing with your red hair

Cute-also available in black

pretty colour

50's style-fab colour

Another yellow-so summery

Simple but cute

Fab

Love the vintage style of this

LOVE this

And on an unrelated note - What in the name of Sweet Baby JESUS and the orphans is this???

Elemental Tue 21-Jun-11 11:13:59

Those Pearl Lowe dresses are annoying, I find. The design looks lovely, and looks like it should suit big boobs, but I found that I just looked squashed and frumpy in them, and the material is quite scratchy. If they'd made them in a thick jersey material they would be great. It is the holy grail to me to find a dress that looks nicely vintage, with sleeves, not so low cut that I HAVE to wear a vest so as not to be obscene, and skimming the stomach area.

Monsoon do have a few nice things in at the moment, imo - would suit red hair
always a fan of the polka dot

TapselteerieO Tue 21-Jun-11 11:42:13

The a/wear slit sleeve dress, would be great with red hair.

custardismyhamster Tue 21-Jun-11 15:02:13

Thanks everyone there's some gorgeous dresses here, I've got loads to be thinking about now smile

I knew I could rely on mumsnet

slug Tue 21-Jun-11 15:19:23

this I have it. It skims the belly and flatters the boobs. Tis seriously fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now