Talk

Advanced search

Which colour for a bag that can be worn with black aswell as brown?

(13 Posts)
nicole333 Mon 20-Jun-11 23:13:49

I tend to buy black as well as brown bags to wear with each. E.g. If I'm wearing brown boots, then brown bag etc.

I would like to purchase one bag that would go with either colour. I've looked on shopstyle for inspiration for colour, but have come up with nothing.

Does anyone else have this problem? What colour have you chosen?
smile

LionessLady Mon 20-Jun-11 23:39:37

Dark purple for me smile

nicole333 Mon 20-Jun-11 23:45:06

I was going to mention that my accent colours tend to be purple/pink. My current scarf I'm using is one from fatface, but can't link as it's no longer on the site. But it's a tiny floral design with deep purples, pinks and navy aswell as a tiny touch of white. These are my perfect colours (strong and cool for a winter).

So anything that would also be around those colours. Although it's weird. I love those colours but can't imagine having a bag in them. I think it's because I've never gone away fro either black or brown.

madammecholet Tue 21-Jun-11 06:45:26

Navy is a good colour as it goes with jeans, all blues, greens, purples and never really clashes with other colours.. What colour is your coat?

mrsravelstein Tue 21-Jun-11 06:51:13

well, i'm from essex, so my views may be biased, but i think you can put the bog standard louis vuitton print with EVERYTHING, and definitely with black or brown

PonceyMcPonce Tue 21-Jun-11 07:22:03

I use red or cream (not beige). But sounds like purple will work for you

msbunbury Tue 21-Jun-11 07:26:03

Dark (ish) purple for me too - got mine from Clarks (sorry can't link as on phone) its about seventy-ish quid and leather suede - lovely.

roguepixie Tue 21-Jun-11 07:29:32

Graphite is pretty good. Works with most colours.

nicole333 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:32:42

Hmm, some interesting things to think about there. Thanks smile

My coats vary, or rather my lack of them as I don't like wearing coats. I tend to wear cardis and a warm scarf, so loads of different colours.

I do like the idea of graphite though.

Thankyou smile

Beamur Tue 21-Jun-11 21:37:51

I used to have a red leather bag - bought for me as a gift, prob not my choice, but I grew to love it and it was fab. Am also liking the Essex suggestion, I have a nice DKNY bag in a sort of muted grey which is incredibly flexible.
My previous bag was bright green.
Current bag is brown but I feel a tad drab.
I think a nice bag in a strong colour can look really striking with brown/black.
Whilst I like a bright bag, overall I tend to dress quite conservatively.

snailsontour Tue 21-Jun-11 22:57:58

Mulberry oak - it is simply the business and is a 365 day colour.

nicole333 Wed 22-Jun-11 10:18:13

Well after doing much searching online, it seems that plum or grape is creeping in (or am I behind?!). Anyway, I love that colour! I'm off to see if I can find a nice across body one. It's my preferred style for shopping as it doesn't get in the way and gives you both hands free.

HappyAsIAm Wed 22-Jun-11 10:40:10

A sage or olive green might be nice. Like this www.piajewellery.com/olive-grove-leather-bag-prod5331

Or red. Like this www.piajewellery.com/city-chic-red-leather-bag-prod3838

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now