Talk

Advanced search

Are there any decent petite ranges out there that I don't know about?

(5 Posts)
Frog253 Mon 20-Jun-11 20:04:20

Here's the list...
Next-I fit a petite size 8 but the quality is poor, ditto M and S and BHS where the petite is too short for me. Precis is OK although pricey and too many items are 'dry clean only'.
I would like to be able to buy quality, classic clothes eg trousers for winter that are warm, t-shirts made of thick cotton and better quality linen trousers for summer. Any ideas?

thejaffacakesareonme Mon 20-Jun-11 20:24:19

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but Boden have added petite sizes to some of their clothes in the autumn preview. I've also bought the odd thing from the petite section in Debenhams, although I think their clothes are made for women with bigger busts than me because I cannot get their dresses or suit jackets to fit. I have the same problem with M&S. Monsoon petite used to be quite good and you can still pick up bits and pieces on e bay. Someone else on here a while ago suggested Country Casuals petite range for good quality classic items such as a shift dress.

Frog253 Mon 20-Jun-11 20:57:19

Boden sounds promising...will check out Debenhams as well, do they have their own range then I thought that they only sold clothes on concession stands? I also have a v. small chest which yes makes some tops difficult to wear. Dh's London-based, wealthy Aunt has given me some hand me downs and one pair of trousers are particularly lovely-jeans styling, thick fabric and machine washable!! Would ask her advice BUT I think she buys from London boutiques (or maybe from abroad as she travels a lot) and spends ££££.

HappyAsIAm Tue 21-Jun-11 09:38:39

www.petiteaffair.co.uk - I buy loads from there, and I have waffled on about it lots on here before.

Minuet (find it in John Lewis or House of Fraser), in Debenhams there is their own range and also John Rocha and Principles do petite ranges, Wallis does a petite range too ...

Frog253 Tue 21-Jun-11 12:45:33

Thanks for the tips...have checked out CC and some of their stuff looks promising. I thought that Priciples no longer existed, so was surprised to see it on the Debenhams web site. Have never got on with clothes from Wallis, not sure why, always think of them as a bit too floaty perhaps it's that, floaty makes me look shorter. Laura Ashley used to do petite but don't seem to any more. Looking forward to petite affair...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now