Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Good quality trouser for work?

(11 Posts)
gregssausageroll Mon 20-Jun-11 17:50:01

Where do you suggest? Was may be going to try hobbs online?

I am sick of next and M&S trousers looking horrendous within a few months. Baggy, faded with bad hems, buttons and zips so want to invest is work trousers but I am not sure where to look for really good ones.

Nothing fancy just good quality black trousers.

If you do recommend somewhere could you tell me if they are true to size as I hope to get a few bits in the sales.

Emo76 Mon 20-Jun-11 18:07:33

I have some Banana Republic Logan fit ones which I really like - in a navy cotton and also black wool. their mail order is v good and quick to refund returns too if yu dont like.

Frizzbonce Mon 20-Jun-11 18:13:15

You could try Joseph. They do great trousers - I've got a black pair with a bit of stretch. Make my legs look 100 ft long and the bit of stretch hugs the arse really well.

Otherwise look out for J Brand. Worth paying a bit extra as they fit really well too.

gregssausageroll Tue 21-Jun-11 13:37:26

anyone else?

HappyAsIAm Tue 21-Jun-11 14:38:07

I like Gap Curvy trousers, but thats because I like the fit of their curvy jeans. Its a really good fit on me, so I buy everything they have in that style. That said, the trousers are still going strong 8 months on and I aget a fair bit of wear out of them. Don't wash them every time I wear them, mind.

DiNammic Tue 21-Jun-11 15:04:47

didnt we go this?

gap and banana rep

jamaisjedors Tue 21-Jun-11 16:31:59

I got some in Laura Ashley on the suggestion of a personal shopper. I hadn't been in there since the eighties and floral dresses etc.

I got a nice grey pair which are flattering and look so much better than my cheapie H&M ones.

Not sure about sizing, I think they were true to size or smallish - I got a 10, I am an 8-10 (but more a 10 in trousers).

RedRosie Tue 21-Jun-11 17:28:27

Another one for Gap here. I like their "perfect trouser" which washes and wears well.

Everyone is different though ... I would do proper shopping and try lots on to get the right shape for you.

UML Wed 22-Jun-11 09:38:57

I found some lovely black trousers in tkmaxx - and very cheap too, tonnes off their rrp.

Soups Wed 22-Jun-11 09:45:10

Do Gap have shorter length work trousers?

Insomnia11 Wed 22-Jun-11 09:48:33

Next does vary so much, but the black trousers I have on today I wash, tumble dry, don't need ironing, are quite good thick material and generally brilliant.

I also have some nice work clothes from Laura Ashley...only drawback is that they are dry clean only.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now