Talk

Advanced search

Promote natural curl

(11 Posts)
LatherRinseRepeatAsNeeded Mon 20-Jun-11 16:52:39

I've got really thick, just loinger than shoulder length hair and I'm fed up with spending 30 minutes + straightening it every time I want to wear it down.

Can anyone recommend any products or styling tips that will stop it frizzing if I leave it down and maybe promote the natural curl I have?

Just getting totallt fed up with it and might resort to cutting it all off again

LatherRinseRepeatAsNeeded Mon 20-Jun-11 16:54:34

and maybe teach me to spell at the same time

supadupapupascupa Mon 20-Jun-11 16:58:40

umberto gianinni flurty curls scrunching jelly (boots sell it)
Apply to wet hair and diffuse dry

I have almost afro hair and have tried loads of stuff, nothing comes close!

dexter73 Mon 20-Jun-11 17:54:28

Boots curly creme
Moroccanoil

Feggy Mon 20-Jun-11 20:25:15

John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum. It's the only thing that tames my mop hair!

willybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 21:59:24

Curly Girls UK website gives a list of products and ways to look after curly frizz
smile

LatherRinseRepeatAsNeeded Wed 22-Jun-11 09:20:34

Thanks everyone, will check out that website - it seems to have a few bits that will be useful.

My main problem is I cycle to work and shower once I'm there, so I ideally need something I can put on wet hair and leave it.

daffyd Wed 22-Jun-11 11:12:30

I would just go with curls,mine also naturally curky and much better condition since stooped blowdrying and straightening it.I use aveda be curky prep and cream and occasionally use the kerastase oleo curl cream .Both keave curls moisturised and in good condition,just scrunch into wet/damp hair,scrunch and eave to dry naturally

fishie Wed 22-Jun-11 11:14:15

moroccanoil and frizz ease both have silicone in which utterly fucks up my hair. mine is v fine though so thicker haired might get away with it.

MayorNaze Wed 22-Jun-11 11:14:22

ditto curl cream, also john frieda mousse

LatherRinseRepeatAsNeeded Wed 22-Jun-11 12:14:47

Thanks everyone, will be making a trip to boots this evening and picking up some supplies, may try them at home first this weekend so I don't scare everyone at work. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now