Talk

Advanced search

Dr Feelgood Complexion Balm

(11 Posts)
ScatterChasse Mon 20-Jun-11 16:05:55

Does anybody use this and like it? I think I'm doing something wrong.

It smells lovely, but I can't really see or feel anything when I put it on. It was a gift and my friend said it was the big thing where she lives, really fantastic stuff etc, but I just don't see it.

How much are you meant to put on, and do you use it over make-up or just on its own? I know you can, but I'm not sure about putting it on over, doesn't your foundation rub off? I would really like to like it, it just doesn't seem to do anything! I'm quite prepared to admit it's user incompetence though smile

TheWaterHorse Mon 20-Jun-11 17:01:43

I had this once. Couldn't tell what it did and it seemed to form flakes after a few minutes (but maybe that was just my skin). Like you, I'd heard lots of good things about it but it didn't work for me.

eva123 Mon 20-Jun-11 17:06:08

Hi - first time poster here!
Just had to say it made my dry skin really itchy, so was a bit of a disappointment ( mine was also bought after the recommendation of a friend).

HTH smile

TattyDevine Mon 20-Jun-11 17:07:10

If you load up the sponge and sort of dab it on or tap it on as opposed to drag it on, you might get a mattifying effect from it.

But you'd get a similar effect but more easily applied if you got a cheap and cheerful "mattifying primer" say the body shop one or the GOSH one, and brushed that on with a light hand and a foundation brush.

You don't need it though. You could just use finishing powder (Mac do one that isn't coloured, so do Laura Mercier)

Havingkittens Mon 20-Jun-11 18:00:10

May I refer you to the "most detested make up brands" thread. Benefit seem to be at the top of most people's shit list! grin

I've not tried it myself but yes, you are supposed to use it to mattify and even the skin for either not wearing make up, as a base for make up or for dabbing on top of foundation to mattify if you get shiney. MAC do a Mattifying gel that I like for this purpose which works very well. Particularly good for taking the shine off larger foreheads or bald heads, but I don't suppose you suffer from these complaints! It's basically a silicone product which dulls shine and gives a smoother surface I think.

Havingkittens Mon 20-Jun-11 18:01:34

Sorry, didn't mean to take the gloss of your new pressie (excuse the pun)

ScatterChasse Mon 20-Jun-11 19:21:02

Oh don't worry! Perhaps I just have dodgy skin.

I'll pop over and have a look at the most hated brands thread, so I know what to avoid. I'm not a huge make-up wearer, I think most of mine's from Avon, with a few free samples thrown in!

Havingkittens Mon 20-Jun-11 19:36:47

To put it on over foundation just tap it on with your finger, mostly around the T Zone where you may get oily. It's a love/hate kind of product I think!

snailsontour Mon 20-Jun-11 20:24:42

I don't get it either - but then I don't get Mally's version either. (QVC sell Mally)

IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Mon 20-Jun-11 20:31:58

Disgusting stuff. Luckily for me I got the salesgirl to put some on me before I shelled out any £ for it.

When I next looked in a mirror, I had aged about 10 years shock

The vast majority of Benefit stuff is in fact shit (damn their cute packaging!!)

I like it! I use it on bare skin on the shiny bits and wrinkly bits, takes the shine away and makes the wrinkles less noticeable. I like several Benefit products but it seems many people don't, having read the other thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now