Talk

Advanced search

Instant spray tan - recommendations anyone?

(13 Posts)
Themumsnot Mon 20-Jun-11 14:07:30

I went and had a look at some in Boots today but I got all confused and thought I should come on here first and ask advice from the experts. I am milk bottle white and don't take a tan easily. In six weeks time I will be on holiday in Greece and this time I rould really like to look a bit brown when I go.
So, first of all, how long before and how often should I do the spray tanny stuff?
Do I need different stuff for body and face and where is the dividing line - chin? neck?
What brand is good for pale people?
And a supplementary - has anyone tried that Boots holiday hair spray stuff? Or any other tips to stop my hair turning into straw?
Thank you all most kindly. grin

Themumsnot Mon 20-Jun-11 17:21:54

Hopeful bump. I am luminous remember? I need help. Otherwise I will get to Greece and they will stick me on a headland and use me a a lighthouse.

Collision Mon 20-Jun-11 17:24:18

TBH you should treat yourself to a professional spray tan and see how it goes.

I have had 2 recently (St Tropez) and it was lovely. No streaks and lasted over a week.

Will get another when I go to Italy in August.

Themumsnot Mon 20-Jun-11 17:29:11

That's a really scary concept Collision. I've never even had my legs waxed. Actually I don't think I've ever even been in a beauty salon or whatever they are called these days. What happens? Are paper knickers involved? I don't think I'm brave enough for that.

Emo76 Mon 20-Jun-11 18:05:52

I had a pro xen tan recently - was a bit orange the next day but after that it looked great and yes paper knickers involved - don't worry about it - you never have to go back if you don't like it, better than DIY blotchy? scrub the day before.

Emo76 Mon 20-Jun-11 18:06:29

I meant to add, yes it is undignified but they've seen it all before and I stopped worrying about that kind of thing (waxing etc) once I'd given birth as I totally lost all my dignity then! be brave!

PebblesAndWine Mon 20-Jun-11 18:07:17

I would totally recommend st tropez gradual tanner. It is AMAZING! I'm a tanning virgin and very white and I love it. Not a streak to be seen!

Mumelie Mon 20-Jun-11 18:16:15

Home spray tans - have only used the Loreal and Garnier ones, find Loreal the better of the two as the Garnier one went streaky everytime I used it. Would start about 2 weeks before your holiday, building up the colour every other day (get the light ones, then it wont look too dark too quickly, find it just makes me look grubby). Make sure you exfoliate all over, esp before the first go. I do use a different face one as find it gives a finer coverage, I stop around the jaw area - but its not an obvious line, just find that if you do your neck too much it looks a bit obvious. Oh and wipe your eyebrows afterwards - I am sporting a slightly tango'd look under my brows at the moment from tan build up (dont forget to exfoliate there first)!

Themumsnot Mon 20-Jun-11 21:20:48

Thanks, Mumelie, that is brilliant advice. I will start two weeks before.
So L'Oreal or St Tropez then - Pebbles is the St Tropez a spray?
Emo - noooo! I just can't do it.

RichTeaAreCrap Mon 20-Jun-11 21:52:47

I need to have a spray tan soon for a wedding.

I have had a St Tropez one once and I think it was a bit orangey for me. I have heard that Fake Bake is better. Has anyone had one of these?

OP - I would definately go for a spray tan if you are new to it all otherwise you risk doing what I do and ending up with streaks all over myself.

PebblesAndWine Mon 20-Jun-11 22:31:34

No, its a cream. I live it, couldn't recommend it enough! I've used it for the past 4 or 5 days and it looks fab.

PebblesAndWine Mon 20-Jun-11 23:09:45

I love it. Not live it. Obviously!

monkeysmama Tue 21-Jun-11 09:06:35

I use St Tropez everyday and really like it. But it does streak in chlorine so be careful using it before holiday if you're going swimming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now