Talk

Advanced search

Is there a Most Loved Make-up Brand thread?

(9 Posts)
TwoIfBySea Mon 20-Jun-11 13:40:14

If not then let it begin. I'm looking for tips and recommendations here smile

iEmbarassedMyself Mon 20-Jun-11 14:14:42

I don't really have a favourite, but my failsafe most used majority of my make up is MAC.
I'm starting to adore illamasqua, mostly for the beautiful packaging and how lovely it is - a lot of it isn't wearable for me so what products I foolishly impulse bought (highly pigmented electric blue eyeshadow, anyone?) is just sat there unloved but most beautiful.

katy1katy Mon 20-Jun-11 14:34:28

Message deleted

pink4ever Mon 20-Jun-11 14:37:14

Depends how rich/poor am feeling!. Pre-dcs I used to love estee lauder foundation and loose powder but no way could I justify that amount of cash now.
Basics I use are-
Avon foundation or tinted moisturiser for everyday.
Loreal mascara(though was seduced into buying the double ended one but not as good as my usual-falsh lash effect)
Natural collection or Bourjois blusher
Bourjois bronzer

So as you can see am not really brand loyal!-apart from Loreal for mascaras-they are the biz.

strawberryjelly Mon 20-Jun-11 15:34:58

Depends on what you want and budget.

I love Clinique foundations but seem to be in a minority on MN despite seeing somewhere that it was make up artiists favourite.

Dior eyeshadow- costs a fortune but has good staying power.
Lancome mascara
Bobbi brown concealer
Laura Mercier powder blusher
Clinique lip gloss- it stays put longer than any others.

brighthair Mon 20-Jun-11 15:37:00

Mac, illamasqua especially for foundation colour choice, urban decay for eyeshadows, liners and potion primer. Used to use mac gel liner, now use maybelline comes with own brush and is fab.

TattyDevine Mon 20-Jun-11 19:14:30

I love Mac for the huge range of colours, great fake lashes, and the layout of their shop, ability to just go in and play with stuff, or have help with colours if you need it, price is right, not too expensive, but reasuringly expensive enough.

Love Becca so much.

Love Bobbi Brown but agree about the yellowness of foundations and powders and disagree with her that just about everyone looks better yellow.

snailsontour Mon 20-Jun-11 20:33:53

Love Smashbox Healthy fx foundation and their Halo hydrating perfecting powder.

Laura Mercier for tinted moisturiser, although Bobbu Brown is good too.

Trish McEvoy and Bobbi Brown palettes are just brilliant to travel with.

Valerie Beverly Hills rose blusher in Movie Star - it's so darn pretty.

And am loving Guerlain meteorites voyage imperial compact - hated the balls, but the powder is the biz.

CybilsLiberty Mon 20-Jun-11 20:38:35

I've yet to find a brand that does what it says it will

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now