Talk

Advanced search

If you lost your whole wardrobe, what would you replace it with for starters?

(4 Posts)

I have recently lost weight (yay!) and also in one productive afternoon bagged up everything that I hated wearing. I am now down to very minimal clothes - one pair of 'normal blue' bootcut jeans, another pair that are too big for wearing around the house, and a black pair of straightleg jeans for work (only cut I could find!) I have a scattering of tops - all very casual, sort of stuff you wear around the house. My wardrobe is basically empty.

I am (bigger) size 14 (but shrinking so can't buy too much), just turned 25 and am a SAHM so need school run type clothes really (IYSWIM). Shoe wise I have one pair of black ballet pumps, one pair of white ballet pumps, some brown flat boots which I have lost, my black all star converse, white birkinstock-a-likes http://www.shoon.com/womens-shoes/shoes-casual-shoes/gizeh-leopard-print.htm like that but with a few studs on and godawful leather flowers (but so worn they don't look like flowers), a pair of low black biker boots (!! may have chucked them, I do not suit them), a pair of suedey mid heeled black boots, slouchy effect, and a pair of mid heeled tan sandles a little bit like http://www.marksandspencer.com/Limited-Collection-Cross-Strap-Gladiator/dp/B004LEG6O0?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_10&nodeId=668350031&sr=1-10&qid=1308563066&pf_rd_r=0E6RNG8ED01H92C05ED7&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=668350031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3 these.

What basics do I need? Dresses are out (BFing) and I have baaaad legs. Pale freckled skin, tanned in places, brunette but used sun-in shock so have hair like - http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WA311/Womens-Relaxed-Linen-Tunic.html?NavGroupID=88 - same length, maybe abit longer.

These clothes hopefully shouldn't last ( am on cambrige diet so losing weight fast) so where....'cheap' has OK quality clothes too? Shoes I dont mind spending on because they'll last

sorry for waffly badly written post, baby on lap

thanks if you can help me!

link one - the sandle things i have, well, looks like

mid heeled taqn sandles abit like these I have

hair abit like this

lechatnoir Mon 20-Jun-11 18:37:54

Style is very personal but if I had to replace my wardrobe I reckon the following would serve me well:

Black, navy & camel 7/8ths (zara, Asos, reiss, topshop)
Really well cut jeans: 1 black skinny & 1 indigo bootcut
Little Black dress
Sun dress
2 blouses
Really decent white t shirt
Boyfriend Blazer
Lots of cheap layering vest tops (toshop are doing 3 for £10wink)
Couple of funky skinny belts
As many scarves as budget allows grin
Shoes: Havianas, black patent flats, 2nd pair of ballet flats, riding boots, 1 pair killer heels, brown high wedges.

Nb I am not a fashionista so please take my advise with a pinch of salt!!!
LCN

thanks smile what are 7/8s? Cut offs? Will that suit a bigger, short (5'3" ) person? I've never heard of them blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now