Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Root Boost

(7 Posts)
CalamityKate Mon 20-Jun-11 09:54:21

Anyone got/used one? Any good?

Thank you!

TattyDevine Mon 20-Jun-11 11:03:38

Yes. I've got one. I tend to use it for nights out when I want quite big hair!

It really does work. You crimp the roots of your hair of the under layers, which puffs them up (by making them sort of frizzy and rigid) and it holds up your roots, if that makes sense. Not that different from backcombing but easier and less damaging.

I do the sides and back, spray them with hairspray and sort of rake them with my fingernails and et voila big hair.

I would say if you had very very thin fine hair then it might "poke through" and look weird but really only if you had incredibly fine thin hair.

I recommend it.

CalamityKate Mon 20-Jun-11 11:09:28

Cheers Tatty! My hair is fine enough to need a bit of extra ooomph, but I wouldn't say it's incredibly fine.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 20-Jun-11 12:48:17

I'd recommend it too. I've also got fine hair and use it most days to give my hair a bit of body.
It does seem to work for me as well.

CalamityKate Tue 21-Jun-11 13:08:11

It's arrived!! Whoohoo!! grin

Off to boost....

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 21-Jun-11 19:56:41

So, what's the verdict?

CalamityKate Tue 21-Jun-11 23:17:01

It definitely works!

My hair is so limp and silky when it's just washed though, so it wasn't as dramatic as I'd hoped.

BUT - when I'd styled it and been out and about, I then came home and had another go and it was MUCH more effective. I think because a) it was COMPLETELY dry and b) because I had a little build up of mousse and hairspray, which helped. So next time I use it, I'll probably do my drying/straightening and then leave it for a while before I do the root boosty thing.

Definitely worth the money though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now