Talk

Advanced search

Intensive quickly absorbed but not greasy hand cream

(24 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Sun 19-Jun-11 22:18:02

my hands are a mess. I need something intensive to fix them but hate greasy hand creams that don't absorb quickly.
I'm constantly washing my hands with 2dc in nappies so need something thatll sink in quickly.

Any recommendations?

TIA smile

SixtyFootDoll Sun 19-Jun-11 22:18:33

Neutrogena

LuckyMrsT Sun 19-Jun-11 22:23:37

Aveeno (the blue one for extra dry skin). I get ultra dry skin and eczema on my hands and this is the only thing that works. I've tried everything going as it's been a big problem for me for years. It sinks in rather that covering them in a greasy layer due to the oatmeal content. Amazing stuff, costs about £8 for a big bottle with a pump.

kyacat Sun 19-Jun-11 22:40:36

I agree the Aveeno one is really good as it lasts through hand-washing and gives your hands a bit of protection.

strawberryjelly Sun 19-Jun-11 22:42:21

Atrixo
Nivea
Vaseline intensive care

animula Sun 19-Jun-11 22:42:40

Aveda used to do one. It's not as intensive as, say, Atrixo but Atrixo is v. greasy and this was't.

wineandcheese Sun 19-Jun-11 23:05:33

Simple hand cream is good.

Havingkittens Mon 20-Jun-11 09:41:34

The Aveda one is lovely and smells gorgeous. And it's called "Hand Relief" grin.

The Body Shop Hemp one is really good. Other favorites of mine are Aveeno, Dove Age Pro and Nivea Q10 which all seem to sink in pretty well and be really moisturising. I liked the Neutrogena one at first but when I took it away for a week as my only alternative I didn't like the way my hands started to feel. Can't really explain, sort of filmy and sticky.

HappyAsIAm Mon 20-Jun-11 09:44:11

I love the Aveda one. You can get small sizes of it for about £4.

I also like any of the Cath Kidson ones, About £8 each (or three small tubes for about £8) in Waitrose.

sprinkles77 Mon 20-Jun-11 14:39:47

I have same thing. neutragena is good. DH treated me to a fancy one by Aveda called "hand relief" grin. Is lovely. so is the hand cream!

moragbellingham Mon 20-Jun-11 15:08:44

I have tried everything - Ultimate Hand Salve by Kiehl's (available online from John Lewis) is the best by a mile for me and Aveeno second.

CountBapula Mon 20-Jun-11 15:16:02

Clarins Creme Jeunesse des Mains. Might try Aveeno now though after reading this ...

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Mon 20-Jun-11 17:24:23

I like the Clarins one but only at night time.

The best I've found so far (though still not perfect) are Garnier Hydralock (though it has a weird smell) or the Aveeno that's been mentioned already.

DuffyMoon Mon 20-Jun-11 17:58:57

Liz Earles absorbs quickly and smells divine

Feggy Mon 20-Jun-11 20:19:21

Body Shop Almond Hand Rescue Treatment for overnight and the Almond Hand Lotion for application throughout the day. Smells fabulous too! smile

missmiss Mon 20-Jun-11 20:26:07

The Norwegian Formula one: I think it's been mentioned under its brand name, but I can't remember what it is. The blue one with the Norwegian flag on it, anyway.

mrsrhodgilbert Tue 21-Jun-11 14:10:22

Body Shop hemp gets my vote too. Quite a unique smell but even a very dry skinned Dr friend had to concede it is brilliant stuff, look out for special offers.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 21-Jun-11 14:39:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JosieRosie Tue 21-Jun-11 15:02:47

Another vote for Clarins Creme Jeunesse des Mains. Smells lovely and herbal, very rich but not greasy. My nails are much stronger for using it.

TadlowDogIncident Tue 21-Jun-11 17:56:44

Love the Clarins one.

I also like the Dr Hauschka hand cream - really rich but sinks in fast. The smell might not be for everyone, though: it's quite medicinal.

wendihouse22 Tue 21-Jun-11 22:13:31

grin Havingkittens.....I used to stock Aveda. I remember the launch of "Hand Relief" ....... I remember saying to the Rep "you're kidding me.....I have to ask my clients (some of them men) if they'd like hand relief?

I use Neutrogena. Excellent.

Havingkittens Tue 21-Jun-11 23:06:17

Ha Ha, yes, I carried it in my work kit and was often offering out Hand Relief to my clients too. I guess that's one way of getting repeat bookings grin.

wompoopigeon Tue 21-Jun-11 23:13:07

I like the Clarins one. Good texture, nice smell, absorbs quickly.

lovemydog Tue 21-Jun-11 23:14:21

Clarins or Jurlique.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now