Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I think I've found a dress for a wedding, but I'm style-challenged...

(8 Posts)
msbuggywinkle Sun 19-Jun-11 11:07:39

I like this but I have no idea if it will look vaguely ok, or what to wear with it. Help!

I'm 5'3, size 16, I'll be 21 weeks pregnant at the wedding, which is a very informal one. I don't put any weight on when I'm pregnant. I have dark brown hair and eyes and pale skin.

I've been searching for days for something to wear and this is the first thing I've found that I like and isn't too expensive (as I'm going to need shoes etc as well). Any thoughts? Any other ideas?

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 19-Jun-11 11:58:39

I think its very pretty.

Some nice wedge sandals in a nude colour perhaps?

Karbea Sun 19-Jun-11 12:02:53

Yes I'd say tan or nude wedges.

It's pretty.

Karbea Sun 19-Jun-11 12:04:34

These maybe...

www.asos.com/Dune/Dune-Nile-Slingback-Wedge-With-Cut-Out/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1532508&cid=4172&Rf929=2295,2342&Rf-200=25,20,26&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Tan

wineandcheese Sun 19-Jun-11 12:09:12

What a lovely dress! Pretty and appropriate for a wedding.

How about teaming it with tan or gold shoes / bag?

BulletWithAName Sun 19-Jun-11 12:16:33

It's lovely. Perfect for a summer wedding. I'm sure you'll look great in it. I agree with the wedges suggestion too.

msbuggywinkle Sun 19-Jun-11 15:06:16

Ordered it! I have nude fairly low heeled sandals (that I bought for a different wedding and didn't wear!) that will probably be good with it, but I'm going shopping with a friend on wed so I can buy a bag then.

As far as jewellery goes, I have a lovely rose gold bracelet that I think would work well. I'll raid town for a necklace, the friend who is getting married runs a vintage shop I'll ask her to keep an eye out for me too.

LargeGlassofRed Sun 19-Jun-11 15:17:27

Lovely, wish I could find a none maternity dress like that, for the wedding I have to go to.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: