Talk

Advanced search

I think I've found a dress for a wedding, but I'm style-challenged...

(8 Posts)
msbuggywinkle Sun 19-Jun-11 11:07:39

I like this but I have no idea if it will look vaguely ok, or what to wear with it. Help!

I'm 5'3, size 16, I'll be 21 weeks pregnant at the wedding, which is a very informal one. I don't put any weight on when I'm pregnant. I have dark brown hair and eyes and pale skin.

I've been searching for days for something to wear and this is the first thing I've found that I like and isn't too expensive (as I'm going to need shoes etc as well). Any thoughts? Any other ideas?

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 19-Jun-11 11:58:39

I think its very pretty.

Some nice wedge sandals in a nude colour perhaps?

Karbea Sun 19-Jun-11 12:02:53

Yes I'd say tan or nude wedges.

It's pretty.

Karbea Sun 19-Jun-11 12:04:34

These maybe...

www.asos.com/Dune/Dune-Nile-Slingback-Wedge-With-Cut-Out/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1532508&cid=4172&Rf929=2295,2342&Rf-200=25,20,26&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Tan

wineandcheese Sun 19-Jun-11 12:09:12

What a lovely dress! Pretty and appropriate for a wedding.

How about teaming it with tan or gold shoes / bag?

BulletWithAName Sun 19-Jun-11 12:16:33

It's lovely. Perfect for a summer wedding. I'm sure you'll look great in it. I agree with the wedges suggestion too.

msbuggywinkle Sun 19-Jun-11 15:06:16

Ordered it! I have nude fairly low heeled sandals (that I bought for a different wedding and didn't wear!) that will probably be good with it, but I'm going shopping with a friend on wed so I can buy a bag then.

As far as jewellery goes, I have a lovely rose gold bracelet that I think would work well. I'll raid town for a necklace, the friend who is getting married runs a vintage shop I'll ask her to keep an eye out for me too.

LargeGlassofRed Sun 19-Jun-11 15:17:27

Lovely, wish I could find a none maternity dress like that, for the wedding I have to go to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now