Talk

Advanced search

So what should one wear to.....

(10 Posts)
ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 20:46:19

Go for cocktails and possibly dancing - any dancing would probably be an Eighties or indie club where hopefully most of the people there will thus be as old and fat as I am! I don't really want to buy anything and have some nice clothes already but have no idea what sort of thing would be okay.

Please help!

Emo76 Sat 18-Jun-11 21:00:16

sounds like a going out top and good jeans event? or possibly a dress occasion but not nec "cocktail" dress.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 22:02:25

I have a couple of nice tops but no good jeans. I've got some skinnies but would only wear them with a long cardigan which is no good; otherwise only really slobby old boy cut ones.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 22:02:52

Size 12 and 41 btw.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 22:57:22

Please help! I have some nice heels, I have lovely silk tops, I have several nice dresses but wouldn't know what to wear on my legs with a dress. But I don't have good jeans and jeans don't feel dressed up enough to me anyway, I don't think.

WhatsWrongWithYou Sat 18-Jun-11 23:32:56

I've no idea what people wear to clubs either but I tried this on today and it's gorgeous.
Didn't buy as I need something for a summer ball, but I did think it'd be great for a cocktail do.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 23:59:45

I absolutely LOVE that and it is a good shape for me too - but I don't think it looks v clubby (or not as I remember clubs anyway!) as it's far too sophisticated!

WhatsWrongWithYou Sun 19-Jun-11 00:24:06

I'd love someone to buy it - feel sad about taking it back tbh. I did buy a dress in the same design though smile.

Could you get some capris or chinos, maybe in a strong colour, to wear with heels and one of your silky tops? Zara usually have some.

WhatsWrongWithYou Sun 19-Jun-11 00:28:31

Or a stripy skirt maybe?

Loads of trousers.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sun 19-Jun-11 01:05:21

Your dress sounds gorgeous.

Don't like that mini - don't like Zara itself much tbh.

I've got some skinny combats which look good with heels but again, I'm not sure that they are 'dress-up' enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now