Talk

Advanced search

Gym wear helplessness

(21 Posts)
MitchiestInge Sat 18-Jun-11 18:19:53

Either my old stuff has gone baggy through lack of use or I have shrunk a bit. Anyway need and would like some new stuff, ideas?

MitchiestInge Sat 18-Jun-11 22:06:15

Poor me. Nobody should have to decide alone what to wear to the gym.

AlsoAvailableSober Sat 18-Jun-11 22:07:56

I get all mine from Sports Direct. Very cheap and i generally stick with Nike knee length leggings and adidas tops. They all wash and tumble dry very well and keep their shape

AlsoAvailableSober Sat 18-Jun-11 22:14:50

these or these capri pants

Tops like this or this top?

bran Sat 18-Jun-11 22:20:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MitchiestInge Sat 18-Jun-11 22:36:19

Ah hello! Thought would have to resort to bits of daughter's pe kit again, but am sure if I look the part I will feel the part and actually work out the part.

I'm a stupid shape, not apple I don't think. Short legs, long body, enormous bottom, reasonably norked.

AlsoAvailableSober Sat 18-Jun-11 22:39:28

Honestly, Sports Direct has every single type/shape you could ever dream of! They have high street stores too so you can try stuff on.

Good luck!

MitchiestInge Sat 18-Jun-11 22:42:27

Thanks, I like the prices of the stuff you linked to too! Wonder if there is one within easy reach of me - I used to use the shop at my old gym but it was even more expensive than sweaty Betty

AlsoAvailableSober Sat 18-Jun-11 22:45:31

Their Lonsdale bras (in store) are usually ludicrously cheap - about £2 and are great.

Hope you find a local store smile. I have just looked and i have 5 within 20km grin

MitchiestInge Sat 18-Jun-11 22:54:10

I have one, 18km away and one just over 20 - but they couldn't be any closer without being somewhere silly, like in a field or village!

Was just checking sizes, it's a bit annoying that s, m, l just relate to dress sizes where the men's sizes give chest and waist measurements. I don't know what dress size I am really, I know my measurements but every shop seems to be different. Is there a standard guide to uk dress sizes somewhere?

MitchiestInge Sat 18-Jun-11 22:55:51

Yes size chart

thenightsky Sat 18-Jun-11 22:56:08

TK Maxx

thenightsky Sat 18-Jun-11 22:57:31

And ... stuff that is made of cotton shows horrible wet sweat marks up your arse crack like you've wet yourself.

I'm having a right bugger of job trying to replace some lovely nylon, non-wet showing leggings I got from M&S years ago.

wellwisher Sun 19-Jun-11 19:26:16

As far as I remember Sports Direct don't do refunds - avoid.

I like TK Maxx for cut-price gym stuff (they get lots of Nike, Reebok etc). If you have too much money, you could try Sweaty Betty (up to £65 for a vest!!!)

AlsoAvailableSober Sun 19-Jun-11 19:34:42

I have taken stuff back to Sports Direct confused

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 20-Jun-11 16:06:02

Agree about TK Maxx but obviously you have to keep going back until you get lucky. But I have got big-brand sports stuff there, as well as more yoga-ish brands like Manuka.

AlfalfaMum Mon 20-Jun-11 16:10:44

I bought most of my running and yoga stuff from Sweaty Betty, bit expensive but the sales are worth looking out for (I don't think I've ever bought full price!)

Aworryingtrend Mon 20-Jun-11 16:16:11

Another vote fro Sports Direct, you can order online or find a store near you. I got loads of stuff from there for me for th gym and for DH who is a runner.

BlameItOnTheBogey Mon 20-Jun-11 16:42:41

I love Sweaty Betty stuff - maybe look there?

Bluebell99 Mon 20-Jun-11 16:45:40

I've taken stuff back to sports direct too with out any problems.

MrsSnow Mon 20-Jun-11 16:55:59

Another Sweaty Betty fan here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now