Talk

Advanced search

I have just bought more Anglomania - come and tell me what a good job I've done!

(14 Posts)
ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 14:26:08

Massive reductions in Selfridges (irl not online) - I bought another side-hitched skirt (have already got a grey one but this is a sort of black and white tweedy sort of stuff) and a draped purple silk top. Got the pair of them for just over a hundred squid so am very pleased indeed! smile

DilysPrice Sat 18-Jun-11 14:35:34

I went to Anglomania sale in Selfridges as well, (I blame you lot for your constant drip drip drip on the subject of Anglomania) got a really lovely forgiving silk cocktail dress for 125 quid in perfect colour for me. Assistant was v. helpful.
Can't imagine there's much left on the shelves now though. But I'll be back on the first day of the next sale because I've set my heart on a couple of the new season pieces.

iEmbarassedMyself Sat 18-Jun-11 14:37:12

envy
Would you mind linking for me to drool over?

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 14:46:51

The top is this one I think but in a lovely purple.

DilysPrice Sat 18-Jun-11 14:50:08

Ah, snap! CBBG, my dress is the exact same thing but knee length.

ensure Sat 18-Jun-11 14:53:48

I got a lovely shirt dress in the Selfridges Anglomania sale. Ah, let's all bask in our mutual highly reduced Anglomania glow.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 14:56:24

Sounds fab, Dilys. I tried a black silk dress on but it had a strange kangaroo pouch and made me too aware of my stomach!

This is the skirt, I think.

noddyholder Sat 18-Jun-11 14:58:59

Anglomania is lovely but if I am not at my slimmest it looks terrible. I don't understand that either as a lot of it drapes. You need a curvy bum I think to balance it which I am sadly lacking.

madammecholet Sat 18-Jun-11 15:02:53

I have a curvy bum noddyholder that must be why it suits me... grin

noddyholder Sat 18-Jun-11 15:04:13

grin I think thats why! My sister had a westwood esque wedding dress and she has a big bum and looked fab

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 15:06:01

I also have a curvy bum, although I've never actually thought about that before!

DilysPrice Sat 18-Jun-11 15:08:52

I have an arse roughly the size of Hertfordshire - hence the Anglomania urge.

noddyholder Sat 18-Jun-11 15:10:44

I think you need the bum to pull the dress back to make it sit as it is supposed to. Otherwise it kind of hangs wrong. envy at all the big arses

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 15:13:18

Sadly, I also have giant norks competing with the arse at the other side!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now