Talk

Advanced search

Slightly saggy mother-of-three (size 14) needs to find...

(12 Posts)
NunTheWiser Sat 18-Jun-11 11:42:08

...a silk nightgown type thing that minimises my post-breastfeeding boobs and 2 c-section tum yet still makes me look glamorous!!!!! I'm not sure such a garment of wonder exists, but if it does, surely you ladies can help me find it.
My friend is an amazing artist and wants to paint "a real woman" for her next exhibition. hmm Obviously, I was pissed when I said I would do it. I'm immensely flattered, but don't want to be immortalised as "that fat bird in a nightie." I would pay serious amounts of money for a garment that stops this. She wants to do a portrait looking at me from the back or side-on, so something with a low back would be ideal (she says).

twoboots Sat 18-Jun-11 12:43:14

If she is painting you from behind or side on, why not just swath yourself in drapes of silk in a colour that suits you, that way the fabric can be arranged around you.

wendihouse22 Sat 18-Jun-11 13:03:24

Wow, what a lovely thing to have done! I'd go with the tasteful swathes of material, as above. Something in the stylee of Gok Wan in his series "How to look good naked" show, myself.

FebreezeYourJeans Sat 18-Jun-11 14:26:55

this?
although the sheer cups may be 1 step too far?

wompoopigeon Sun 19-Jun-11 08:27:01

What about a silk dressing gown rather than a nightie? Could be tastefully lowered at the back (I too am thinking a la Gok) and possibly is a garment you'd get more wear out of in the long term?

WhatsWrongWithYou Sun 19-Jun-11 09:22:31

This is gorgeous although you might feel it's a bit saucy.
I think it veers more towards pretty than tarty though.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sun 19-Jun-11 10:52:08

I think the draped silk is the best idea so far - or the robe pulled lower at the back. I don't know if this would work - it could well be hideous knowing M&S but sometimes they get it right!

NunTheWiser Sun 19-Jun-11 12:23:56

Thank you all for your advice. I've gone for a long white nightie from the site Febreeze suggested. I would imagine I'll need a bucket couple of glasses of wine before I pose by which time the cellulite and wobbly bits will have magically melted away, won't they? confused grin

FebreezeYourJeans Sun 19-Jun-11 18:17:27

Of course, wine melts wobbly bits - we all know that! grin

Enjoy being immortalised!

wendihouse22 Mon 20-Jun-11 09:46:41

Febreze.....people SLEEP in things like that? Got to do some shopping!

FebreezeYourJeans Mon 20-Jun-11 17:16:00

Can't imagine how anyone would sleep in the damn thing. I think you simply waft around the house in it until you attract the attention of your dp or set fire to the house from the friction of nightie rubbing against carpet.

I'm more of a nothing but a smile girl grin

wendihouse22 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:56:38

Could hit the dimmer switch and have a static electricity light show. My own DH would wonder what HE had to dress up in, if I entered the boudoir wearing that grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now