Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Growing out a fringe

(8 Posts)
Clarence15 Sat 18-Jun-11 08:16:07

What do you do with it when it's at that 'in-between' stage? I've had a fringe forever and have tried unsuccessfully tried to grow it out a couple of times before but give up because it drives me mad!

I don't like to clip it up because i think it looks too severe (especially after spending all my life hiding behind it lol) but no matter how much I blow dry it over to the side it ends up hanging in my eyes.

I need to persevere I know, and when it's long enough I'll be able to tuck it behind my ears.

BluddyMoFo Sat 18-Jun-11 08:17:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clarence15 Sat 18-Jun-11 10:05:30

Thanks, not sure about a bandana though - reminds me a bit too much of Milli Vanilli wink

Evizza Sat 18-Jun-11 10:05:40

I have mine as a side sweeping fringe when growing it out..a bit like THIS smile

BluddyMoFo Sat 18-Jun-11 10:13:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TattyDevine Sat 18-Jun-11 10:15:16

Get your hairdresser to cut it to a side sweeping fringe. After a while a growing out side swept starts to assimilate into the rest of your hair. I know because I have one by choice and if I need a cut it starts to join the rest of my hair! The difference between this and not is about 1cm. But get the hairdresser to do it because they can do it without making you look like a knob. Well that's the idea grin

Clarence15 Sat 18-Jun-11 12:23:28

Oh yes that bandana is really nice actually. I'm not very well up on hair accessories at all, I've had fairly short hair most of my life but I've decided to do a 1-year hair growing challenge to see if I can actually grow it longer without giving up. I'm really impatient though and get easily bored with my hair so it's going to take some willpower.

I'll speak to the hairdresser about it, cheers

12AngryBees Sat 18-Jun-11 23:57:03

Part your hair then starting at the parting twist it back from your face in a roll, work round as far as you want and do it as tight or loose as you like, holding in place with a kirby (works best if you pick up the top edge of the roll and push it back against the root, it can barely be seen as it slides into the roll but manages to hold it really tight). You can do about an inch or two either side of the parting, or if its a side parting then the main bit. Otherwise, you can do it the whole way round your head, a good way to put short bobs that would look silly in a ponytail. All you have to do is pick up the hair round your face as you go along. I'm rubbish at 'up-dos' and have been doing this for ages and have had loads of compliments. Once you've got the hang of it it's easy. Not too severe, doesn't look over-done, ends up a bit like this: www.berlinhairbaby.com/2011/02/monday-tutorial-smoked-out-eyes-twisted.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now