Talk

Advanced search

Lip gloss where you can notice the colour

(39 Posts)
gracehedley Fri 17-Jun-11 22:00:09

Any recommendations for coloured lip gloss that actually looks like a colour please? Spent ages trying out lip glosses in squeezy tubes today, colours looked lovely in tubes but could hardly see any colour when on lips, very feeble and disappointing, or is that just what they are all like? Thanks all smile

Macaroona Fri 17-Jun-11 22:04:06

Max Factor Max Colour has a good strong colour.

I like L'oreal glam shine though, less colour but much more lasting power and nice shades, you can see the colour.

lou33 Fri 17-Jun-11 22:06:25

What colour are you looking for?

I tend to put lip pencil all over my lips then put a coloured gloss on top, atm i am using a brownish gloss by soap and glory called motherpucker, with a rimmel pencil called tiramisu.

I had a red one by Clarins which was quite good as well.

gracehedley Fri 17-Jun-11 22:14:42

well I was trying out coffee colours and orangey pinks this afternoon, but could hardly see even a hint of colour - maybe I am expecting too much? Lou33 do you mean you colour in the whole of your lips with pencil, not just the outline? Thanks for links btw

OpusProSerenus Fri 17-Jun-11 22:21:02

I have tried all sorts of glosses over the years but the best coloured one I've found is a lovely browny colour called Nougat from Aldi. It has got really good colour to it, I am still stunned that I love it this much!

Nuttychic Fri 17-Jun-11 22:22:43

Lancome - Juicy Tubes. They come in stunning colours, stay on for ages and are just really brilliant.

I have them in red, pink and caramel.

www.lancome.co.uk/_en/_gb/catalog/product.aspx?prdcode=115012&categorycode=AXEMakeup

gracehedley Fri 17-Jun-11 22:24:30

Thanks, got quite fed up today, wondering why anyone buys them as you just can't see the colours. Haven't got especially dark colour lips either!

gracehedley Fri 17-Jun-11 22:25:42

ooh lancome, thanks

WickedWitchSouthWest Fri 17-Jun-11 22:27:59

I love MAC Lipglass http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/home.tmpl?ngextredir=1 smile

WickedWitchSouthWest Fri 17-Jun-11 22:28:23

oh fgs! www.maccosmetics.co.uk/home.tmpl?ngextredir=1

katkitya Fri 17-Jun-11 22:29:39

Dont buy the Jemma Kidd ones they are shite. I agree with Mac. The colour lasts for ages. My cousin swears by Ruby and Millie.

Macaroona Fri 17-Jun-11 22:30:19

Juicy Tubes are very sticky though. Try l'oreal glam shine for similar look but without stickiness.

lou33 Fri 17-Jun-11 22:32:17

yes, i colour in all of my lips rather than just outlining them

gracehedley Fri 17-Jun-11 22:32:34

great thanks, i want to see COLOUR and not just glisteny shine grin

Havingkittens Sat 18-Jun-11 00:23:35

You probably want more of a lip lacquer. Nars do nice ones in pots. Illamasqua liplosses are really intensely coloured too, but mostly not neutral shades like brown. They do one brownish one though, slightly shimmery. MAC Lipglass is generally also quite well pigmented. I think Chanel do stronger colours, and maybe Dior. Dior used to do a product called Plastic Shine, I'm not sure if they still do but if not you can find some shades online. That's completely opaque coloured gloss.

katkitya Sat 18-Jun-11 01:00:44

Actually, Dior is good. I've had one for five years and people still notice it!

moragbellingham Sat 18-Jun-11 08:22:35

Bobbi Brown's lip glosses definitely have a decent amount of pigment in them

Lady1nTheRadiator Sat 18-Jun-11 13:10:08

I have some of the Lancome ones and they are very good. I don't find them too sticky but previously have only used Botts no 7 which are gloopy as hell.

What about Chanel Rouge Coco Shine? I am kicking myself for not buying some this morning (got nail varnish instead) - swooshy and lovely.

Lady1nTheRadiator Sat 18-Jun-11 13:10:23

Botts = Boots, obviously...

lou33 Sat 18-Jun-11 13:23:31

You could try a lip stain, like posie tint or benetint from benefit , which can be used on lips and cheeks.

Lady1nTheRadiator Sat 18-Jun-11 13:25:07

Ooh yes - I think I read that this months Glamour have mini sized Benetint/Posietint, I keep meaning to have a look actually.

lou33 Sat 18-Jun-11 13:33:45

Yes they do. Those or high beam are free with the magazine. I am a big benefit fan. Posie tint is more pink, benetint is more red, but both a natural tint.

Havingkittens Sat 18-Jun-11 15:46:41

If you're looking for something that you want to see the colour of though, I wouldn't bother with benetint or posie tint. You can just about see it when you put it on and it wears off within half an hour!

gracehedley Sat 18-Jun-11 16:01:01

thanks havingkittens, you sound v knowledgeable. Have got some benetint but it doesn't stay on long and not glossy. High maintenance aren't I ...

lou33 Sat 18-Jun-11 16:10:04

You would have to put a fair bit on yes. What about the new lip stain pens on the market?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now