Talk

Advanced search

would you be ready for a holiday in 3 weeks time?

(35 Posts)
BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:30:59

if you had no knowledge of it before today? would you feel physically comfortable going on a sun holiday or would you feel you needed to diet/book hair appointment/tan/waxing/whatever else people do for holidays?

Blu Fri 17-Jun-11 17:34:58

Luckily I am ready to leave at a moment's notice should I be told I have won a fortnight in the Caribbean leaving tomorrow. My only worry would be whether I had time to gather some good novels.

I am scruffy low maintenance.

Bonsoir Fri 17-Jun-11 17:38:05

Yes - I could leave the day after tomorrow (tomorrow would be spent having hair cut/pedicure/manicure/waxing/eyelash dyeing.

seb1 Fri 17-Jun-11 17:39:46

I would need a summer wardrobe pronto, living in Scotland there is not much call for summerwear and my sun cream would be out of date grin

BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:41:56

i dont do waxing or eyelash tinting or any of that. i would jsut bring my razor with me and i would apply fake tan and bring teh bottle with me but i think i would need 6 weeks to diet and get in a decent shape. my cousin has asked em to go on holiday with her in 3 weeks and i am torturing myself over whether to go or not.

BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:42:32

oh yes i would need to borrow alot of stuff from my sister who is just back from OZ.

wordsonapage Fri 17-Jun-11 17:43:29

Bonsoir you have disappointed me I assumed with you're quasi French you'd be au fait with en vacances

I despite a slightly patchy natural tan am always bikini fit

wordsonapage Fri 17-Jun-11 17:44:48

I'd pop to the mall for a missoni kaftan and I'd be away.

ImeldaM Fri 17-Jun-11 17:47:02

Definitely, pretty low maintenance, could go tomorrow grin but only if petsitting taken care of, don't diet for holidays, have lots of summer clothes that rarely wear so not usually in wash basket (too much rain)

mrsravelstein Fri 17-Jun-11 17:47:39

i could be packed for 3 kids and ready by this evening if it meant getting some sunshine!

Mumelie Fri 17-Jun-11 17:50:09

Could be packed and ready in an hour - desperate for a sunny holiday wink

WowOoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:50:51

Yes, I would be ready by tomorrow.

Where are we going? Yipee, thanks Booy.

I'd need to deal with my bikini line and do my nails. Can do that later.

HettyAmaretti Fri 17-Jun-11 17:51:17

Yep, no problem. Some waxing, a hair cut and other luxuries would be fab, but not essential.

Go, go, go, bugger the 'extra' pounds, nobody else gives a damn.

expatinscotland Fri 17-Jun-11 17:51:24

I would be ready to go in an hour.

BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:52:03

not sure yet WowOoo, haven't booked anything yet. grin

upahill Fri 17-Jun-11 17:53:54

Too right I would be ready!!

pointydog Fri 17-Jun-11 17:56:19

Yes of course! No point trying to chnage your life in 3 weeks.

WowOoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:56:24

Well, decide please!
I'm thinking cool breeze, hot but not too mega hot, plenty of nice eateries, bit of culture, near the beach, rivers and mountains. And nice special shops full of unique and essential items you can buy no where else on earth. Ok?

Must go now and do nails. grin

ivykaty44 Fri 17-Jun-11 17:57:39

I thought you where going to say 3 hours - and the answer would still be yes!

No need for anything but pack my clothes and I never do that till the last minute - have even been known to pack at the airport grin

BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 17:59:55

oh sad i'm thinking superhot, all inclusive, days by the pool drinking, nights in a club drinking and falling home between 5 and 6am. <was a teenage mum and this would be my first ever holiday without children> grin

BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 18:00:45

just to clarify i am not so old that the above would look as though i was trying to relive my youth (although that is exactly what i would be doing)

LuckyMrsT Fri 17-Jun-11 18:02:30

I'd go anyway but if I had chance I would:

Calgel my finger and toenails in a dark/bright colour (suncream stains french)
Have a Brazilian
Do lots of sit ups and cut out the carbs for a couple of weeks
Have a few sunbeds so I won't burn so easily
Fake tan

My new addition to the list since the birth of DS would be to buy a one piece cossie to cover the stretch marks on my stomach sad.

WowOoo Fri 17-Jun-11 18:06:12

I can easily do superhot as long as i have a pool.
I can do clubs as long as I have a lie in!

Is it really worth dieting and doing all this stuff?
i'll chip my lovely nails as soon as i have my first jug of cocktails. And put on 10lbs with all the booze.

What is Calgel LuckyMrst?

AnyFucker Fri 17-Jun-11 18:07:20

I could be ready to leave in an hour

what the hell is wrong with you people ? smile

BooyHoo Fri 17-Jun-11 18:12:22

very true wowooo. it will all be undone in the space of a week. i think you all have me convinced. i dont think i will get another chance any time soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now