Talk

Advanced search

Which designers are cheaper Stateside?

(6 Posts)
HowAboutAHotCupOfShutTheHellUp Fri 17-Jun-11 15:54:11

DP on buz in NYC on Monday - need a new purse. Thanks.

Earlybird Fri 17-Jun-11 18:32:21

Kate Spade?

She is NY based, I believe, and has shops all over the US (and maybe internationally too).

www.katespade.com/designer-handbags/handbags,default,sc.html

Earlybird Fri 17-Jun-11 18:38:36

You don't say a budget, but since you asked for 'designers' presumably you've got a generous amount to work with.

Many Americans rate Coach:

www.coach.com/online/handbags/-handbags-10551-10051-62-en?viewType=viewall

And there is always Ralph Lauren:

www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1760963&cp=1760782&ab=ln_women_cs2_handbags

Your dh might do well to go to one of the large department stores and have a look around (Barney's, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale's, Macy's, etc), rather than going to individual boutiques.

And, it must be said, that I am going off the theory that an American designer's products will be cheaper in America - but that might not be true....

excaligirl Fri 17-Jun-11 18:42:26

Cole Haan is good quality.

Rebecca Minkoff, Gryson, Kooba . . . maybe give us something to go on in terms of style you're looking for? Look on websites to find things you like and compare prices where possible. Overall, though, it's definitely cheaper. I don't much like the handbags here and think they are too expensive for what they are. Looking forward to my next trip Stateside to replace my current bag, actually.

WillPenn Fri 17-Jun-11 19:39:16

If you like "premium denim" i.e. expensive jeans, you can get some real bargains - Paige Denim, 7 for All Mankind, Genetic Denim all half price. Uggs much cheaper too (same in pounds as in dollars). Also Tory Burch. In NYC get to Century 21 or a Nordstrom Rack for bargain basement prices.

Earlybird Sun 19-Jun-11 04:12:35

Tory Burch.

www.toryburch.com/handbags/accessories-handbags,default,sc.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now