Talk

Advanced search

I really, really, really want a Mulberry Alexa.

(9 Posts)
Pinkjenny Fri 17-Jun-11 10:44:46

How do I convince dh? My Mitzy hobo is too fecking big, shall I sell it on ebay?

My dd is called Alexa, therefore I feel it is my divine right to own one.

mumblechum1 Fri 17-Jun-11 10:46:19

Is it going to make your life perfect and complete?

A handbag?

Why do you need to convince your dh? If you earn your own money and can afford it, go for it.

Pinkjenny Fri 17-Jun-11 10:47:35

mumblechum1 - it won't make my life complete, no. I just want one.

Your post is quite helpful, though. Because I don't need one.

cremeeggsbenedict Fri 17-Jun-11 10:48:35

Do guilt presents work? Every time I buy a mulberry bag I come home with a little something for DH, like a wallet or cufflinks. He then can't complain as I was being thoughtful! Another trick is to buy shares - you're supporting company profits and you get a 20% discount so you're really benefitting twice...

I'd keep the hobo because you know the moment you sell it you'll need a big bag!

Pinkjenny Fri 17-Jun-11 10:51:15

No, he would go absolutely bonkers if I spent that much on a bag. I only got the Mitzy because he was going to the bloody World Cup.

mysteryfairy Fri 17-Jun-11 11:06:03

Have you had a look in the sale. You could pick up a mini one in watermelon for £357 or if you a pink tiger print type person a regular one for £332. I had a tiger one in my basket briefly but reality kicked in. I really would like an Alexa but makes a lot more sense to buy one I would actually use!

mumblechum1 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:11:34

As I said earlier, surely if you earn your own money and can afford it, you buy it?

slowshow Fri 17-Jun-11 11:12:45

Have a look at the Mulberry section on The Purse Forum. A lot of people report quality issues with the Alexa. Might put you off? grin

Pinkjenny Fri 17-Jun-11 13:53:10

The watermelon is sold out EVERYWHERE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now