Talk

Advanced search

So, I just had my first botox session. I have questions......

(28 Posts)
psiloveyou Thu 16-Jun-11 18:37:35

that I probably should have asked the doctor but didn't.

He said don't rub my skin for 72 hours. Is gentle wiping to remove make up ok?. Tomorrow when I put foundation on I will need to smoothe it on my face. Is that ok?.
Also my skin feels tight and head feels like it's full of plasticine. Is that normal?.

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 18:44:59

You can remove your makeup, you can put makeup on. You'd have to do some pretty vigorous massage to "move" the Botox so you don't need to worry too much but be slightly cautious and use a light hand.

Skin feels tight - normal (ish) I suppose. Tight is good in the context of skin I think grin

Head full of plasticine. Not so normal, I don't think, though my head actually is full of plasticine so its hard to say because I'm not normal grin - its probalby fine, really, but if you feel unwell or really wrong you should probably call NHS direct or someone more sympathetic like Jordan or Dannii Minogue grin

Birdsgottafly Thu 16-Jun-11 19:22:24

When i had my forehead done it felt similar to how you describe for about two days. My skin felt tight, i suppose because of the change in the musclesso my whole face wasn't as flexable until it settled down. As TD said very gentle wipping is fine, i wore makeup the next day and removed it overnight because i was warned of the possibility of infection were the needles had entered.

noddyholder Thu 16-Jun-11 19:24:43

My doctor says stay upright for 6 hours and thats it! I remove make up and put more on the next day fine. It does feel odd though the first few days it made me feel really tired!

faustina Thu 16-Jun-11 19:30:42

yes, mine said stay upright. also not to do anything strenuous - like exercise the same day, and not to rub the site for a day. It sometimes feels a little sore where the injections have been. Did you not get a little piece of paper to take home, with a contact number, and instructions on what not to do? That's not very good practise!

TracyK Thu 16-Jun-11 19:42:46

The only thing I found was it felt a bit bruised where the needles had gone in - for 3 or 4 days.

Then it felt like I had on one of those tight, peel off face packs on my forehead when I tried to move it.

psiloveyou Thu 16-Jun-11 20:50:37

Thank you ladies. I have to stay upright until 10.30pm.
I didn't get any written instructions faustina you are right I suppose I should have done.
I knew I could come on here for better advice than I would get elsewhere, Just want the next few days to pass quickly so I can see the results grin

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 21:05:21

You will start to see results this weekend. The full range of the results are more apparent after a week though they can be up to 2 weeks apparently but you'll get a good idea of what is doing for you by the end of the weekend.

It all sounds fine to me really.

TracyK Fri 17-Jun-11 12:07:02

I didn't get any written instructions either - but was more than happy with my doctor.

I'm just wondering how long the results last for - I don't want them to stop!!

psiloveyou Fri 17-Jun-11 16:06:45

Is it really as good as you all say?. I can't wait to see changes, nothing yet.

God it's like being 5 again and waiting for Christmas eve grin

noddyholder Fri 17-Jun-11 16:08:51

Takes at least a week!Be patient it is fab

psiloveyou Fri 17-Jun-11 16:45:48

But I can't be patient.

<stamps feet in a little paddy>

TracyK Fri 17-Jun-11 17:00:12

Yes - I thought mine hadn't worked and then slowly over 7-10 days my hooded eyelids lifted and my no 11's disappeared.

noddyholder Fri 17-Jun-11 17:00:58

It is so cool til it wears off!

TracyK Fri 17-Jun-11 17:04:26

how long Noddy?

psiloveyou Fri 17-Jun-11 17:05:06

You've had it a few times haven't you noddy. My doctor said it normally lasts around 3 months but on some people up to a year. What's your experience.

Karbea Fri 17-Jun-11 17:23:22

I think mine latest about 6 months, I think it went gradually though, and one day I just thought I needed to get it redone... I had mine redone in April and it still feels very new, I think it depends how facially expressive you are.

noddyholder Fri 17-Jun-11 17:59:10

I think it lasts 'fully' about 4 months and then starts to wear off. I had first lot in november and second in April/may it was completely gone by the second time. It is fab atm fully there will probably get it re done sept/oct.

Birdsgottafly Fri 17-Jun-11 18:36:57

My first go lasted about 4 months, i had restylane as well round my mouth, which lasted slightly longer. It was awful watching my face 'melt and collapse' slowly over the next 6 weeks.

The other times it lasted 6 months, it is individual though.

notsogoldenoldie Fri 17-Jun-11 18:59:36

"ps" - I had mine done in march, so now due to a topup I think. you seem fine to me - it does feel like your head is full of clay, but it will wear off.

I had no instructions on what to do, but all was fine. I looked a bit Spockish at first, but the effect was great - forehead like a drum!!

psiloveyou Fri 17-Jun-11 21:34:39

I feel fine today. Still got the crows feet though.

I never have been good at being patient.
The worst bit was popping into Waitrose afterwards. Some woman did a double take then stared. It was only when I got in the car I realised I had loads of tiny but obvious blood spots around my eyes and forehead.
Oops grin

Birdsgottafly Sat 18-Jun-11 01:07:21

OP have you just had your forehead done or your eye area also? If you have i would be interested in knowing your opinion on the difference that it has made. I have (as i said) had my FH and between my nose and mouth done but have always been put off having anything done around my eyes.

notsogoldenoldie Sat 18-Jun-11 13:28:20

birds - was your filler effective? (sorry to sabotage thread...)

psiloveyou Sat 18-Jun-11 15:02:53

Birdsgottafly I had my forehead and crows feet done. The injections in the forehead were actually to lift my eyelids and not to smooth my forehead if that makes sense. He injected between my eyebrows and just under the center arch of my brows. Then across my hairline (this is to stop me having a surprised look). Then in the crows feet area as well.
I'm 50 in September but I'm lucky I don't really have a lot of lines. I just wanted to look a little fresher. No change yet but it's only been 44 hours. I'm not counting honest grin
Does it work on nose to mouth lines then?. I thought you had to have fillers there. I could get seriously addicted to this stuff.

psiloveyou Sat 18-Jun-11 15:04:06

Oh sorry just realised you did have filler. Can I ask did that hurt and was it expensive?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now