Talk

Advanced search

Help me learn how to do eye make-up please!

(4 Posts)
Olifin Thu 16-Jun-11 17:55:20

Really hoping someone might have some advice. I am really lacking in confidence re. make-up and don't generally wear any. For nights out, I stick with liquid eyeliner and mascara (both black)

I have a fantastic outfit, shoes and accessories to wear to a wedding this weekend (and I needed a LOT of help from shop assistants in coordinating it all!) so I now want to step out of my comfort zone with eye make-up and perhaps try to use some colour, which is something I never do.

The biggest problem I seem to have is that my eyes are quite small and deep-set ish. Also, the space between my eyes and eyebrows is very narrow. Because of this, I'm not convinced I can really do eyeshadow at all. Is there a way of doing it that won't make my eyes look smaller?

Apologies for rambling and thanks in advance for any suggestions!

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 18:03:56

The only thing I can really suggest is that you go to a makeup counter and get them to do it. Go to Mac or something - or Laura Mercier - they are makeup artists and will do what suits you. You can check it out in a mirror and if you like it, you can buy it.

For inspiration you could look at Lisa Eldridge's videos for inspiration...

Olifin Thu 16-Jun-11 18:05:56

Thanks for the advice Tatty. I don't think I will have time/a child-free opportunity to see a make-up consultant before Sat but will check out some of those videos, thank you.

starjules Thu 16-Jun-11 19:13:00

I was going to say to look at Lisa Eldridge videos too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now