Talk

Advanced search

booked in for perm but getting v cold feet - help pls!

(5 Posts)
camflower Thu 16-Jun-11 13:13:21

i've got fine textured but quite thick hair and it's dead, dead straight, and almost shoulder length (more by neglect than design) and i always have a fringe.

i feel stuck in such a hair rut (variations on a bob for more years than i care to remember) that i fancied being brave and doing something different. basically i want a bit of body and volume and waves - what i don't want is tight curls!!

of course now i've booked the appointment i really feel like chickening out and cancelling.

do you think i should get a pair of curling tongs and experiment at home? i've been reading previous threads going on about ghds but i have no idea what they are!

i am so low maintenance, i just wash and go (and usually ruin it by sticking a bicycle helmet on top while still damp).

am i just being a wimp and should go for it - it is only hair after all, and it will grow out!

the last time i had a perm was the mid-90s and it feels kinda weird looking at old photos of myself with one. deep down i feel like a bob is the only hairdo that really suits me and maybe i should stick with what i know <<bottling emoticon>>

PorkChopSter Thu 16-Jun-11 13:25:21

Ooh I'd love a perm, just not a 1980-1990s one! Have you spoken to who is doing it, do you have some photos of what you want it to look like?

camflower Thu 16-Jun-11 15:40:46

i have - she did my last one in the mid 90s! ah, osrry got to dash off now, back later hopefully!

Chandon Thu 16-Jun-11 16:36:29

don't do it!

try curling irons first please.

My fine flat hair looks fab if I flick the ends in or out with my straightener.

camflower Fri 17-Jun-11 10:00:39

porkchop - don't have any pics - i imagine it being bobby still but with lots of volume. i hesitate to use the word big because i get visions of cheryl cole arriving in the states!

chandon - sometimes my hair dries flicked out at the ends and i like that. i suppose i could make a bit of effort to make that happen. but for that do i need curling tongues or straighteners? i am such a novice in the world of hair gadgets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now