Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oil Cleansing Method Questions

(8 Posts)
ComradeJing Thu 16-Jun-11 13:03:24

I've been doing the oil cleansing method for about 2 months now. My skin is still getting better and better although I have continued to get some hormonal break outs around my mouth.

Did your skin just get better and better? Are you 100% happy with your skin now? Is it better than it has ever been? (I'd say no not 100% happy but yes better than ever.)

Also have you tried different oils and have you noticed a difference between which oil you use? I'm using jojoba and castor oil atm.

Thanks!

woopsidaisy Thu 16-Jun-11 14:13:34

What skin type are you Comradejing. I was doing this but stopped. Think I will start again as skin so dry atm.

ComradeJing Thu 16-Jun-11 14:34:44

Normal to oily I suppose. I have blackheads on my nose which are actually shrinking for the first time ever. Amazing given the number of creams I have tried over the years. I'm also plagued by the odd hormone spot around my mouth/chin. I sometimes get a dry patch on one cheek (rarely - it's flaring up under the air-con ATM). The texture is the worst of it I guess... my skin is bumpy, not smooth at all, especially around the mouth.

God, I sound like an absolute beauty don't I!

The annoying thing is that I feel like I have good skin underneath the blackheads and hormone spots so if only that would clear up! In reality my skin isn't that bad. It's nothing that a hint of tinted moisturiser can't cover but I'm determined to make it better!

MissFoodie Thu 16-Jun-11 20:13:44

have you tried coconut oil? amazing
http://yumetc.blogspot.com/2011/05/coconut-oil-ultimate-cleanser.html

Igetknockeddownbutgetupagain Thu 16-Jun-11 20:27:05

ComradeJing, where do you get your oil from?

I'm really interested!

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 20:35:17

Read This thread

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 20:38:52

Sorry, ComradJing I realise you are on that thread giving advice but in particular read otchayaniye's post and you could actually stalk advance search her as the Oil Cleansing guru (and curly girl guru and 40's glamour guru)

ComradeJing Sat 18-Jun-11 03:56:14

Igetknockeddown I buy it from Akamuti www.akamuti.co.uk/category/tree-and-nut-oils/. Really great quality IMO.

Thanks Tatty, I'll have a search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now