Talk

Advanced search

Boden boots and chunkyish calves?

(6 Posts)
novelsituation Thu 16-Jun-11 07:16:23

I am currently a size 14 with fairly chunky calves. I'm thinking of ordering these in navy http://www.bodenpreview.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Heeled-Boots/AZ138-NAV/Womens-Navy-Patent-Wedge-Boot.html

What's the leg fit like on Boden boots?

novelsituation Thu 16-Jun-11 07:19:01

Sorry here is link

www.bodenpreview.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Heeled-Boots/AZ138-NAV/Womens-Navy-Patent-Wedge-Boot.html

marialuisa Thu 16-Jun-11 08:20:09

I have always found Boden boots very wide on the calf.

herecomesthsun Thu 16-Jun-11 08:28:31

I think they are wide, often around 43-45cm.

I remember though that a previous pair of navy patent Boden boots I ordered looked very very plastic-a-go-go, and DH took one look and went shock and hmm

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 08:37:16

I really want the fig ones.

At nearly £200 they'd have to be bloody good when they arrive though. I haven't ordered them yet.

Then again preview gives a discount doesn't it, so it'd be £40 off so £160 so I might start to think about that.

The'd have to be bloody good though or they are going straight back! I thought they were funky, a bit different, not too high but still a heeled boot, and shower proof presumably so a bit more practical than suede or some kind of fabric but not as boring as normal leather...

Hmmm we will see...

novelsituation Thu 16-Jun-11 10:07:49

Herecomes.... i agree that there is a lot of potential for these boots to be very wrong, but I' ve so much navy in wardrobe at the mo that I'm going to give them a chance.

Tatty I love the fig ones too. isn't the heel suede? i think it is when you look at them on close-up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now