Talk

Advanced search

Help With Petite Dress For My Mum, Please.

(13 Posts)
woopsidaisy Wed 15-Jun-11 21:30:15

Hi. My Mum is 70. Not sure of her exact height, but she is under 5'. She is a size 12 on the bottom, but a 14 on top,due to G cup boobs. So she needs a lowish cut, but not too low as she is 70!
She goes to lots of horse racing meetings over the Summer,and is looking forward to the Derby. She had her eye on this. We thought it was a fixed wrap,but it isn't,and is very low cut unfortunately.
Can anyone help find or suggest something? Doesn't have to be wrap style, but not sleeveless?
Thanks.

And by the way she is in Dublin!

tethersend Wed 15-Jun-11 22:57:14

This is similar...

Black

Different to one in your OP but nice

Also nice

Still too low?

woopsidaisy Thu 16-Jun-11 06:50:45

Thanks Tethers. I should have said that she would prefer a colour,as opposed to black.
The two CC ones are nice,but a little exposed at the back.
The search continues...

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 07:07:55

Can she wear a cami to counter any low cutness? I haven't looked at the links but I nearly always end up with something under a wrap dress because they never sit properly across my boobs unless I get them from Bravissimo/Pepperberry or whatever the big boob place is. Actually you might google that and have a look for your mum.

Wallis have gone to sale today and have a petite range, they might have something suitable for your mum.

TattyDevine Thu 16-Jun-11 07:08:32

And it can be a useful way of breaking up a block colour or adding an accent colour.

woopsidaisy Thu 16-Jun-11 07:28:47

Thanks Tatty, but she hates wearing a cami under stuff.
Pretty fussy, my Mum. grin

Will have a look at Wallis.

Have been browsing this am, and going to suggest this and this.
What do we think of this?

woopsidaisy Thu 16-Jun-11 07:30:16

Sorry. This one.

MilkChic Thu 16-Jun-11 11:00:03

Message deleted

woopsidaisy Thu 16-Jun-11 14:10:50

Milk that is lovely,but she might feel it is a bit "wide" at the neck. Bra straps etc.

HappyAsIAm Thu 16-Jun-11 17:50:53

www.petiteaffair.co.uk is good for petites, but it may be a bit too young for your mum.

Wallis, Country Casuals, FWM, Next and M&S all do petite sections. Good luck.

HappyAsIAm Thu 16-Jun-11 17:51:15

And have you looked at Precis?

MilkChic Fri 17-Jun-11 11:57:45

Message deleted

woopsidaisy Fri 17-Jun-11 18:13:45

Thanks for the advice everyone. We are hitting Dundrum SC this weekend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now