Advanced search

Are you high maintainance?

(8 Posts)
lucyspangle Wed 15-Jun-11 20:58:35

I reckon I'm not
Wear full make up every day
6 weekly hair colour at salon
Cut every 12 weeks
Pluck eye brows every night (dark haired like shaped brows)
Bleach moustache once a week
Bikini area defuzzed weekly
Shave legs and pits twice weekly
Facial exfoliator twice weekly
Face mask weekly
Deep condition hair once a week
Clear polish to nails once a week- colour to toes once a week
DIY fake tan in summer.
Cheapo Boots type products
Sounds a lot but I'm in my 40s had this routine more or less since I was 18.
Younger colleagues appear to spend much more time and money on their 'routine'
Everything waxed professionally.
Professional manicures/Minx nails
Spray tans
Eyebrows threaded
Is it an age thing?
A money thing?
Just curious .....off to check tache.

madammecholet Wed 15-Jun-11 20:59:20

yes.

concernedaboutthis Wed 15-Jun-11 21:00:21

Um, sorry I think you are !!!

TattyDevine Wed 15-Jun-11 21:06:00

I don't think so. I used to be more high maintenance. Here's what I do, you decide:

Wash hair 3 times a week, let try naturally (or blast with dryer) and do loose curls with GHD's
Epilate my legs and underarms and bikini line as and when I feel I want to/they need it
I do my own "fake" nails and my own Minx toenails. The nails I do weekly (they are just stick ons) and the Minx lasts 6 weeks. So in all I'd average less than 15 minutes a week on nails.
File my feet and apply moisturiser to them in the summer every 2-3 days
Sunbed once a week in summer (I know, I know...)
I wear makeup most days, but not all, and this includes false eyelashes of the natural looking variety about half the time.
I wear contact lenses.
I colour my own hair these days, I do it quite often because its a legitimate hobby in its own right I don't like greys.
I have Botox twice a year maybe 3 times.

I think that's all. I used to get my hair done in a salon, blow dry it most days, I used to have a gym membership, I used to get my nails done in a salon, have more facials and massages, etc when I was working as I was more stressed and felt I needed to/wanted to.

fuzzpigFriday Wed 15-Jun-11 21:09:29

I'm the lowest maintenance person I know, and I'd really like some advice to change that, if you seasoned S&Bers wouldn't mind helping... (sorry for hijack)

I just don't know how to do all that stuff... I can't keep up with a akin care routine, I never make it a priority. I'm so... unkempt sad

I own gorgeous make up (DH works for Boots!) but haven't used it blush my hair is a mess etc... Where do I start?!?

I mean, I've no intention of being so incredibly high maintenance that I can't leave the house without 2cms foundation and perfectly straightened hair... I just want to take a little more pride in my appearance especially as I'm about to start my first job after being a SAHM.

I am so NOT a normal 24yo!

MissDemeanor Wed 15-Jun-11 21:09:53

You are high maintenance, however you're a slattern compared to me.

Light make up unless I'm off out.
Weekly blowdry
4 weekly root colour
4 weekly highlights
Eyebrows and upper lip threaded fortnightly
Full leg wax monthly
Self administered Hollywood monthly
Underarm wax fortnightly
Occasional sun bed hmm
pedicure fortnightly
Jessica gel manicure as and when.
Botox every 3-4 months
Use a fruit acid face wash daily, serum then moisturiser.

I'm 41 and considering Dermal Fillers to re plump my cheeks.

lucyspangle Wed 15-Jun-11 21:10:20

Sounds like routine maintainance to me Tatty.

I don't think I am. But I'm not a slattern either.

Hair wash daily <<Disclaimer: I live in Southern Spain and when it's 30+ for nigh on 6 months of the year I need the cool water if nothing else>>

Shave legs every third day.

Bikini wax every couple of weeks

Shave armpits every other day/third day.

I do wear makeup every day, but it's the same whether I'm pottering or going out - mineral foundation, mascara, light bronzer, maybe eyeshadow. Never worn much make up, can't be arsed.

Pedicure myself every couple of weeks, just wear clear nail varnish on finger nails. When I remember.

Eyebrow wax every three weeks or so.

Don't sunbathe as really can't be bothered, but don't need fake tan either as have colour from just living here and pottering.

Hair - I am blonde and with the sun and twice yearly highlights, I have a trim every 8 weeks or so, but that's it. Dry it. Don't dry it. If I dry it then it's straight. If I don't it's slightly wavy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now