Talk

Advanced search

Stupid question - how to make my hair grow quicker!

(14 Posts)
WisteriaWoman Wed 15-Jun-11 07:06:32

Have just had my hair cut short (Annie Lennox short) and DH really doesn't like it and TBH after seeing a photo of myself I think he's right - it's too short / boyish.

This is a really daft question - is there anything on the market that makes your hair grow quicker or do I have to just rely on patience. (Not my strongest point!)

And please don't mention a Wayne Rooney weave! grin

THanks

Zwitterion Wed 15-Jun-11 07:52:31

Have no clue whether there is any product out there to help (I doubt it tbh) but just wanted to ask if you like your new hair?

It sounds as if you did before your DH disagreed.... Can you ask some good friends what they really think? Short hair can be truly stunning.

TattyDevine Wed 15-Jun-11 07:58:35

Hair is cell renewal/metabolism, in a sense. If you eat a diet rich in protein and good fats (have some salmon and snack on nuts and seeds) that will make sure you are getting enough of the good stuff. If hair growth is linked with metabolism, if you boost your metabolism that could presumably boost hair growth - exercise?

Lastly, hair goes in growth cycles and apparently it grows more in summer and its something to do with sunlight etc so get out in the sun perhaps...

And try and be objective - if you like the haircut, sod your DH, it takes balls to have a mega crop and these things have to be tried. I bet you look stunning.

LovelyDaffs Wed 15-Jun-11 10:18:11

Zinc makes your hair grow. I used to take zinc supplements and noticed that my hair grew like mad.

skyebluepink Wed 15-Jun-11 10:55:47

What a horrible feeling. As tatty says though sun makes hair grow faster. What about getting some new makeup - everytime Iv had drastic cuts, particularly cropped hair I change my makeup. Or make sure I've got some on and I'm looking more polished. At least for a week after!

skyebluepink Wed 15-Jun-11 10:57:01

By the way men never like short hair cuts. Very predictable. But what the hell do they know!

TattyDevine Wed 15-Jun-11 11:14:14

Yep sun, nutrition, fresh air...

Its like grass grin

WisteriaWoman Wed 15-Jun-11 17:50:55

Hi, thanks for the suggestions to my totally daft question and thanks for not laughing at me. I'll go and find some zinc tablets and stock up on nuts / salmon and put my hair out in the sun at every available opportunity. hmm

Re: DH not liking my hair cut, normally I'd say "stuff it" as I"ve always had short hair but on this occasion it pains me to say he's right.

What's worse is I've had an asymmetrical cut so one side is short and the other side is longer but not that much longer so it all looks a bit crappy tbh. (NOt the hairdresser's fault as she did what I asked!)

WisteriaWoman Wed 15-Jun-11 17:52:19

Tatty - if hair is like a lawn what about buying some fertiliser.

BooyHoo Wed 15-Jun-11 17:52:40

massage your scalp daily to increase blood flow, which will in turn increase speed of growth. i do it when i am shampooing. just massage for longer than necessary

JustAnother Wed 15-Jun-11 18:46:55

I take Biotin (5000 mcg) which I buy in Amazon. My hair and nails grow like mad when I am taking it.

lololizzy Fri 17-Jun-11 01:00:29

my hair grows v slowly but when i was in Australia for spring/summer for 5 months, i was in the sun every day and it grew like crazy, i couldnt believe it, and had to go to hairdressers a few times, whereas back here in UK i go once or twice a yr for a slight trim

Popbiscuit Fri 17-Jun-11 01:20:00

Wisteria; I'm sure you look lovely and I'll bet in a few weeks you'll be happier with it. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the edges to soften. In the meantime, yes...lots of protein, whole grains, leafy greens. There's a supplement called "Florasil" that's supposed to be good for hair and nails.

WisteriaWoman Sat 18-Jun-11 18:26:15

Thanks for the advice about the supplements, I'll try them out.
I'd never heard about this link between sun and hair growth. IF only it would stop raining then I can sit out and watch my locks grow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now