Talk

Advanced search

Cheap-ish moisturiser recommendations please

(14 Posts)
SoftKittyWarmKitty Tue 14-Jun-11 22:04:54

I need a new moisturiser but am not sure where to start. At the moment I'm using the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion which I got free in Glamour mag a few months back - it's ok but nothing amazing. Before that I used Olay 7 Signs of Aging (I think) but tbh it's a bit out of my price range at the moment. Ideally I need one under £10.

My skin is usually ok with the occasional breakout which seems to be hormone-related. It tends to be a bit greasy looking down my nose and I have obvious open pores on my nose. The other areas are normal - not too greasy, not too dry. I'm 38 and am recently noticing the first wrinkles around the corners of my eyes (laughter lines).

I'm going shopping on Friday - any suggestions?

chocolateteabag Tue 14-Jun-11 23:13:24

Try Aldi - have heard their stuff is pretty good. I am finishing off mine but will be having a look there soon.

chocolateteabag Tue 14-Jun-11 23:15:09

Oops I'm a clinique DDM girl at the moment - it's the pump dispenser that does it for me - sooo lazy!

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Tue 14-Jun-11 23:18:18

Yep the Aldi stuff is great.... and you cant get much cheaper.

KurriKurri Tue 14-Jun-11 23:32:22

Nivea oil free moisturising cream is not bad, - Can't remember how much it cost, but fairly sure it was under £10

Also Johnson's Baby Naturals, intensive moisturising cream is as good as any fancy ones, and not greasy - and it's about £2.50.

jennylindinha Tue 14-Jun-11 23:44:19

Olay Total Effects is half price in Superdrug at the moment - around £7.50 I think, so you could stock up whilst it is cheaper! I bought some last week.

skyebluepink Tue 14-Jun-11 23:57:55

Neutrogena with SPF 25 I'm v impressed with. As good as dermologica skin smoothing. Much better than the stinky REN one I got that made my eyes itch. And cost a bomb.

And argan oil at night. For the de ageing biz

SoftKittyWarmKitty Wed 15-Jun-11 11:45:25

Thanks all, I'm off to do my shopping at Aldi tomorrow, so might pick some up from there. I love Aldi!

pink4ever Wed 15-Jun-11 13:32:06

Avon! I use the total radiance(spf 15) for day and the Anew one for night. Have also just ordered their roll on eye cream as have just started noticing the lines around my eyes(have basically started to fall apart since I hit 35!)

Gingefringe Wed 15-Jun-11 13:53:35

Superdrug own brand moisturiser for sensitive skin. 99p for a 100ml pot and it's brilliant!

CalamityKate Wed 15-Jun-11 14:07:53

Superdrug Radiance/Illuminating (one or t'other, anyway) Vitamin E stuff.

It's lovely. And cheap grin

AandK Wed 15-Jun-11 14:15:31

Yes I use Aldi Q10 its £2 I'm only 31 (nearly 32) but I often get told I look mid 20's grin

CalamityKate Wed 15-Jun-11 14:28:34

I got the Aldi stuff the other day! I'd only bought the Superdrug day cream a few days before so I got the Aldi Eye Cream, Night Cream and the Serum.

Like the Superdrug stuff, bargainous and seems lovely. I think I've noticed a difference in my skin already - it seems to have a more even tone.

Havingkittens Wed 15-Jun-11 14:42:41

La Roche Possay - whichever one is suitable for your skin type.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now