Talk

Advanced search

Clarks - WTF?

(10 Posts)
LindyHemming Tue 14-Jun-11 16:45:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dottyaboutstripes Tue 14-Jun-11 16:48:22

That happened to us when we went in for school shoes - the girl was clearly embarrassed and whispered that she was obliged to show us other stuff as well (she'd brought trainers)

Mumelie Tue 14-Jun-11 16:58:05

Its the school shoes with the dolls in I have a problem with. Asked the shop assistant NOT to bring any out with dolls, but she did! Result - major tantruming 7 year old when I said I was not going to pay an extra tenner for a bit of plastic that will get lost within a week. angry
Have not had the other shoes shown to us - yet confused

TheCrackFox Tue 14-Jun-11 17:00:09

Oh great, so I have this to look forward to when I do the obligatory new school shoe shop in abolut 4 weeks. Sigh.

twirlymum Tue 14-Jun-11 17:08:38

I would like to know why they have stopped selling doodles with velcro straps. They now all have the metal fasteners. Very tricky for a three year old to do up after PE at nursery!

dost Tue 14-Jun-11 19:50:26

clarks shops have a daily sales target to meet so they will try and get u to buy more, independant shoe shops dont have this. also start-rite still do the "doodles" with velcro

bigbadbarry Tue 14-Jun-11 19:52:35

I have walked out if Clarks shops twice and won't go in at all now. Russell and Bromley are quite good (not more expensive) or we go to a local independent.

slowshow Wed 15-Jun-11 12:59:06

Clarks sales assistants are told to be very VERY pushy - usually it's "shoecare" (my teenage brother had a Saturday job at Clarks, and they got bollocked if they didn't flog enough leather cream) and handbags. Showing other shoes is a new one on me, but I'm not remotely surprised.

Marne Wed 15-Jun-11 13:09:18

Happened to us last time we went in, but on the other hand they were really good when none of the shoes were a good fit on dd2 so they advised that we try somewhere else.

The best thing to do is order them online to be delivered to the shop for fitting, then they only bring out the ones you have asked for.

Meggles76 Wed 15-Jun-11 17:11:51

The shoes with dolls in rile me sooo much! They are advertised everywhere and my daughter is desperate for them. But she has very narrow feet and they don't fit her so I refuse to buy. I dread school shoe shopping now as she invariably leaves the store in tears

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now