Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought this Mini Boden playsuit and is it suitable for a 10 year old?

(12 Posts)
kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 15:32:01

Whos is leaning more towards Primark these days. I will not give in though!! smile
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Girls-Shorts/32368-MUL/Girls-Multi-Daisy-Field-Printed-Play-Suit.html

I love it but I appreciate that it is quite vintage looking and I may have worn it in the 70's!

Madlizzy Tue 14-Jun-11 15:32:59

A bit babyish for a ten year old, methinks.

MMQC Tue 14-Jun-11 15:34:18

I have it for my dinky five year old, and it's great as she can look pretty without flashing her knickers as she climbs trees. Not sure about a ten year-old though!

Yes my dd who is (an older) 9 has it and absolutely loves it. We are in hotter climes so she wears it often. smile

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 15:45:00

Well, the weather has taken a turn for the better and there is an outdoor party this weekend. To be honest she did say she would like a play suit Im just not sure of the pattern, if its what she had in mind. The Mini Boden quality has been so dire lately, I dont want to make a mistake!! Margarita, do you find it flimsy?

dd chose it herself, but yes I do admit it is rather thin, fine for my dc who live in shorts all year round but perhaps a little flimsy for the UK unless it had a t-shirt under it? It does have adjustable shoulder straps that would make it easy to put something under.

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 18:18:14

gosh, thats the reason we sent the flimsy dress back. Its very annoying, you wouldnt thinks so looking at the picture. No wonder my sister keeps telling me Boden is a waste of money!!

hoxtonchick Tue 14-Jun-11 20:58:28

h & m have really nice ones at a third of the price

alemci Tue 14-Jun-11 21:01:42

My 15 year old has one too and she really likes it. pretty. The material is a bit thin however. My other dd has a republic one and it is much thicker.

sfxmum Tue 14-Jun-11 21:11:07

they have another playsuit design with spaghetti straps and the material isn't that thin

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 21:12:15

All their stuff seems to be thin these days. I thought with it being navy it wouldnt look to sheer.

I havent been to H and M for ages. Maybe it time to venture into town! smile

JohnniesBitch Tue 14-Jun-11 21:15:29

The one with spaghetti straps is a jersey fabric and not a very good fit. The drawstring waist makes it bunch up and look ugly but it needs pulling in at the waist or makes ven five yr olds look pot bellied!
The one you showed is lovely, yes the material is thin but it's wellcut and flattering. I wish I had brought dd the other patterns in it as well.
If your ten year old likes it I dont see why not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now