Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to work summer party?

(7 Posts)
Jacksterbear Tue 14-Jun-11 13:50:24

Party = evening drinks and buffet, in London, in June. Dress code = party wear, anything goes except trainers/sportswear.

I am blonde, fair-skinned, 5ft5, size 10, aged mid-30s. Recently slim again post-baby and need to wear something that looks fabulous but like I just threw it on!!

My best body bits are slim waist and nice (when in a bra! grin) boobs! Not so good bits are legs (they are ok but not stunning) and bum - am a bit pear shaped.

I love the idea of a shift dress but not sure it's the most flattering for me given they tend not to flatter the waist and show off too much leg. Prom dresses, well they look a bit too much like I'm going to a prom! Maxi dresses look too beachy and also a bit too much like maternity dresses on me!

Help! Any suggestions?

celticlassie Tue 14-Jun-11 21:15:28

I love this.

And this which I can't think about buying as I have nothing to wear it to.

This?

this?

Jacksterbear Tue 14-Jun-11 22:37:47

Ooh thanks.
1. LOVE the shape of the dress, perfect for me I think, but a little unsure about the print of the fabric though.
2. Lovely but I'd wear it to a wedding.
3. and 4. like them but not very me, a little OTT.

Jacksterbear Wed 15-Jun-11 12:01:01

This is a dress I already own (bought 2 years ago and they have the cheek to describe it as "new" on their current website!) which is ok but not that flattering - doesn't go in enough at the waist and is a bit short on the leg showing too much orange peel thigh!

I love [[http://www.johnlewis.com/261803/Product.aspx this] although not sure the colour would suit me very well (blonde + yellow?).

Also this but I suspect it would look like a sack on me!

Jacksterbear Wed 15-Jun-11 12:11:11

This would be perfect but out of stock!

celticlassie Wed 15-Jun-11 16:12:27

this?

too black?

this?

TracyK Wed 15-Jun-11 16:44:59

Can you not source the Oasis dress from JL or HoF?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now