Talk

Advanced search

Bikinis

(15 Posts)
Debs75 Tue 14-Jun-11 13:04:14

Where can I buy a bikini for DD(15) which is suitable for her age and suitable for her 34F breasts?
She is a 12 on the bottom half so can't fit into sets but we are struggling to find a top so big

DoubleDegreeStudent Tue 14-Jun-11 13:58:21

I know it can seem like the stock answer on here, but places like bravissimo and leia are a good starting point. I'm a 34F and my best buys are always Freya (they make sets, but you buy the two halves separately so that they fit) or Panache. They aren't cheap, but they do last. If you don't mind shopping online, try figleaves.

When you say suitable for her age, do you mean fashionable?

DoubleDegreeStudent Tue 14-Jun-11 14:05:54

What about something like this?

Debs75 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:42:17

I was thinking not something which would appear in Heat magazine. Her friends can wear little triangle bikinis and they would look like postage stamps on her bust.
Will have a look at the Freya ones thanks

moragbellingham Tue 14-Jun-11 15:33:03

I have been trying to find the Freya pier one on my size but ended up buying this instead from Figleaves - Lepel.
I bought the shorts from House of Fraser as the sale is on there and bikini bottoms from Figleaves. The top is good without being too "in your face" - plenty of coverage and under-wired supportwink.

Debs75 Tue 14-Jun-11 15:46:02

I like the underwired top, the other one makes me feel she will be losing herself if she jumps about in the water

Butterbur Tue 14-Jun-11 19:21:07

La Senza sell tops and bottoms separately, and have some with underwired tops here

gettingolderbytheday Tue 14-Jun-11 19:30:47

Bravissimo do big size tops in their bikinis.
If you live near the Midlands (Desborough) the Freya factory shop is great for them.

mrsmontano Tue 14-Jun-11 23:42:46

I'm a 32g and have LaSenza bikinis, and in normal triangle bikinis just have to buy a size 18 top and 12 bottoms.

Debs75 Wed 15-Jun-11 07:39:44

We go to La Senza for her bras atm but they told me they only go to a GG so don't know where we will go if she gets much bigger. I spent £45 at the weekend so she might have to wait a while for the bikini

HeavyHeidi Wed 15-Jun-11 09:11:23

I find La Senza horrible and not true to size. I am F with Fantasie or Freya, but could only fit about half of what needed into a La Senza F-cup.

Really, try Freya, excellent bikinis. Check out brastop.com, they have limited selection but very good prices and also ebay.

moragbellingham Wed 15-Jun-11 10:15:55

Off on a bra tangent now! - Freya are brilliant and I always buy off the internet or in the sale. H of F have a sale on and money off lingerie spends! Once you know your size in Freya just buy the same style every season (last seasons colours for half the pricewink)

sprinkles77 Wed 15-Jun-11 15:34:47

[www.brastop.com brastop] have good stuff in appropriate sizes and cheap.

sprinkles77 Wed 15-Jun-11 15:35:18

doh! brastop

Debs75 Wed 15-Jun-11 15:36:42

I like La Senza as the girls are really nice when they size dd and always find nice bras for her. It doesn't bother me too much that they are not true to size as we only go there so I know she fits. Will try Freya as well

Thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now