Talk

Advanced search

Coral dress - which colour shoes?

(12 Posts)
EveHarrington Tue 14-Jun-11 11:16:26

I bought this dress about 2 months ago and am yet to wear it as I simply cannot think of shoes that will go with it. To give an idea of how the dress might look on me, I'm about 5'3", size 8, black and bald/very closely cropped hair.

Coral shoes - too "matchey matchey"

Black shoes - look too "heavy" with the dress, especially with the gold belt (Wouldn't want to get rid of the belt as it sets off the dress nicely.)

Gold colour shoes - Ideally, I would like thin strappy gold high heeled sandals but can't find any decent ones. Most seem to have thicker/heavier straps than I'd like or are very "gladiator-shoe-boot-ish"

White shoes - no. just no.

I love the shoes the model in the dress is wearing but they aren't by Warehouse and I can't seem to find a similar style anywhere!

I'm meant to be going to a party on Saturday this week, and I would love to wear the dress. So ladies, any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated. Or else, I shall have to resort to my usual boring fail-safe black sad

Trills Tue 14-Jun-11 11:19:01

The belt looks silver from here. I was going to say silver shoes. So I definitely agree with gold smile

What do you think of these?

Trills Tue 14-Jun-11 11:19:47

Or these are a bit more delicate

AmateurCrastinator Tue 14-Jun-11 11:20:16

What about "nude" or sort of light brown but very thin strappy? New Look have looooads.

BulletWithAName Tue 14-Jun-11 11:23:09

I love everything about that dress. It's absolutely gorgeous!

I think gold shoes too. How about these?

JennyPiccolo Tue 14-Jun-11 11:23:47

nude shoes?

http://www.asos.com/Reiss/Reiss-Fergie-Platform-Sandals-With-Chain-Detail/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1472743&cid=4172&Rf900=1549&Rf-200=25&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Stone

i like these

EveHarrington Tue 14-Jun-11 11:25:54

Was thinking exactly the same AmateurCrastinator but most of New Look's thin strappy sandals, both metallic and/or nude, are wedge heels (like the ones Trills has pointed out - thanks for those BTW, Trill!!).

Dune used to do some lovely gold thin strappy stiletto-heeled sandals back in the day, but nada this season! (God, I miss Faith shoes - they would definitely have had something along those lines!)

JennyPiccolo Tue 14-Jun-11 11:26:11

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/leather-cut-out-dressy-sandals_220766218

these look quite similar to the ones in yer pic

EveHarrington Tue 14-Jun-11 11:29:52

Thanks Jenny. The Reiss shoes are lovely, but again, the straps are thicker than I'd like.

Bullet, those might be the closest/best I've seen yet. Might pop into Debenhams later today. I'm now wondering whether they might look a bit odd on black/brown skin.

I really didn't think the dress through properly, did I? sad Reminder - DON'T buy dresses if you have no shoes that will go with them!

pickledsiblings Tue 14-Jun-11 11:30:17

Nude patent courts, very versatile.

EveHarrington Tue 14-Jun-11 11:31:51

The brown leather New Look ones are nice, but would definitely be heavy with the dress (though might still look into them as a possibility for a crochet dress that I'm also yet to wear grin Thanks for that, Jenny!)

BulletWithAName Tue 14-Jun-11 11:32:26

Eve I think they will look fantastic on dark skin, they'll really stand out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now