Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I'm visiting London from the sticks, where's a good place to get an eyebrow threaded and shaped?

(12 Posts)
SayItLoud Tue 14-Jun-11 10:33:15

I can't find anyone locally who does threading (Wales!) but am staying with friends in Camden next week so wanted to make an appointment somewhere. Any recommendations?

polyhymnia Tue 14-Jun-11 10:40:14

Harvey Nichols or Selfridges are both good places, set in interesting department stores.

MissHonkover Tue 14-Jun-11 10:47:56

I went to Martin Maxey on the recommendation of a MNer, and saw Minal. She was lovely, very easy manner, and she did a fab job, better than when I went to a Shivata brow bar. Pretty pricey, but also very thorough and done in a private beauty room, I couldn't face getting myself de-furred on the main concourse at House of Fraser!

The salon is near Bond St tube.

blossoming Tue 14-Jun-11 12:21:41

John Lewis on Oxford St also have 'blink' threading. I am also from Wales and I go there or HN.

MamaChoo Tue 14-Jun-11 21:23:40

Sadly not near Camdem but if you are ever in Sarf Lunnon pretty much every beauty place in Tooting does threading for £3.

piellabakewell Tue 14-Jun-11 21:53:33

Same here in west London...I only pay £3 - department stores will often charge £15 plus! When you arrive, have a wander round the local salons and you will find one pretty quickly, or they will know where you can go.

AllTheYoungDoods Tue 14-Jun-11 21:56:08

Malika in Toni & Guy Canary Wharf or Westfield. Awesome.

SayItLoud Tue 14-Jun-11 21:56:49

Ooh, I forgot I'd posted this, thanks all! What is blink threading?

SugarSkyHigh Tue 14-Jun-11 21:57:15

Priya at Selfridges

AllTheYoungDoods Tue 14-Jun-11 22:02:13

Blink is a chain of threading mini-salons, usually in department stores. They're pretty consistent, you don't have to book, just turn up and maybe wait a few minutes for a slot.

Bit of a threading devotee and I prefer Malika, but they both do the job.

Failing that, if you're staying near an Indian/Pakistani community you can try a local salon, but I never had much success with that tactic.

harpfairy Tue 14-Jun-11 23:09:32

Another vote for Malika Westfield - also tried their new New Change store, just as good.

DoubleDegreeStudent Tue 14-Jun-11 23:28:44

Apsara Herbal in Whitechapel - no reservations, just walk in and it's about £5. There's rarely a queue.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: