Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Glee - Santana's dresses.........?

(12 Posts)
Cattleprod Tue 14-Jun-11 09:26:05

This is probably a longshot, but the character Santana from Glee has worn a couple of similar dresses that I really like, and I'm hoping someone might know where I could get hold of one! smile

I'll try to describe them...
From the front they look like a very simple fitted lycra mini dress, mid thigh length. One dress was black and blue stripes, and the other (worn in the first scene of last night's episode) was green and black stripes. On the back they have ruffles on the bum and skirt, giving a kind of bustle effect.

I'm not making them sound particularly flattering, but they looked really good on.

Any ideas?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 14-Jun-11 10:01:14

I can't help, but could you contact the show and ask? Here

Or you might find this discussion and the answer on the 'chat' section on the site.

noddyholder Tue 14-Jun-11 10:05:27

Betsy johnson does bustle jersey dresses

ZacharyQuack Tue 14-Jun-11 11:33:50

Is it this one?

ZacharyQuack Tue 14-Jun-11 11:34:28

better link

Cattleprod Tue 14-Jun-11 12:07:17

That's the one!! Fantastic - thankyou! grin

noddyholder Tue 14-Jun-11 12:13:23

It is a betsey johnson!

bufforpingtonchick Tue 14-Jun-11 12:16:02

That dress is fab, my kind of dress if I wasn't pregnant <sigh>

<wonders if I'll ever be able to wear Lycra dresses again>

Cattleprod Tue 14-Jun-11 12:28:17

I'm preg too, bufforpingtonchick - figured I'd better find out what the dress is now though or everyone will have forgotten about Glee by the time I have my figure back!!

Gives me time to save up too!

bufforpingtonchick Tue 14-Jun-11 12:30:36

The style is called Jailbird - I can't find anywhere that stocks it sad

The Betsey website has a strappy version, but not the sleeved one. Zappos had the one you want on sale but no longer available. I'd contact Betsey directly if you want to track it down.

bufforpingtonchick Tue 14-Jun-11 12:31:58

I like the way Santana wore it with the furry gilet over the top <crush>

ZacharyQuack Tue 14-Jun-11 13:19:30

I've just had a lovely time on the Fashion of Glee website (my 2nd link, above) looking at all of Kurt's lovely clothes. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: