Talk

Advanced search

If you have good arms, Im in love with this Whistles maxi and its been massively reduced.

(31 Posts)
kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 09:26:04

Sadly, I have bingo wings but, I would if I could. sad

ttp://www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/product/Whistles/Spring-11-Look-11/Felicity-Colour-Block-Maxi/903000056409

PerryCombover Tue 14-Jun-11 09:40:10

can't get the link to orkw

winefairy Tue 14-Jun-11 10:04:27

I like it and my arms are okay (when I say 'okay' you have to remember it's all relative) but it has a gigantic split up the front and my legs are diabolical. Shame.

Pagwatch Tue 14-Jun-11 10:09:54

Wine

Could you not take it to a tailor and get the split sewn together - my tailor would do it for a tenner.

If you really like it of course.
smile

Poledra Tue 14-Jun-11 10:11:17

'my tailor'

Pag, you is a ponce!

Pagwatch Tue 14-Jun-11 10:13:15

grin

Oh fuck.

Yes. Ponce.

Or short arse fat bummed bird who needs clothes <<ahem>> adjusted.

<<shamed>>

aurorastargazer Tue 14-Jun-11 10:13:37

http://www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/product/Whistles/Spring-11-Look-11/Felicity-Colour-Block-Maxi/903000056409

aurorastargazer Tue 14-Jun-11 10:13:52

www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/product/Whistles/Spring-11-Look-11/Felicity-Colour-Block-Maxi/903000056409

aurorastargazer Tue 14-Jun-11 10:14:06

2nd one works better i think grin

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 10:25:18

I do love a good Whistles sale.

Ive just save a couple of hundred on bags and belts. I would love some sandals but my size has gone.

A good tip is ignore the sales pages and just hover your mouse over what you fancy. There are loads of things in accessories, especially bags that never come up on the sales page smile

pink4ever Tue 14-Jun-11 12:38:50

Yuk-frumpy length. Has the french connection sale started yet? Had my eye on a couple of dresses in there.

winefairy Tue 14-Jun-11 12:50:22

Thank you Pagwatch. That thought had crossed my mind too. However, on closer inspection I discovered the eyelet detail and recoiled in horror. Behold- How to ruin a nice dress

I think I'll leave it for someone with no bingo wings, no diabolical legs and a love of eyelets.

Plus, I wandered over to another S&B thread and saw a nice Anglomania top greatly reduced. Tis on it's way as I type.

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 13:30:14

I like the length, it's perfect for me. There's nowt worse then having to walk around holding your dress up like you are in some Victorian drama. Who or what is anglomania and will it dress me for Glastonbury?

Trills Tue 14-Jun-11 13:37:54

Three words: dry clean only!

winefairy Tue 14-Jun-11 14:17:41

kitkatya Anglomania is Vivienne Westwood's label and seems to be held in fairly high esteem around S&B from what I can gather. Sadly, it will not dress you for Glasto.

envy at Glasto, by the way....thought I was brave attempting Bestival this year. Not quite the same, I suspect.

I digress. Anglomania is apparently very flattering so I thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt. Judgement is reserved until it arrives. I have high hopes it will turn me into a goddess. It won't. I will be disappointed.

Hope you spent wisely in Whistles smile

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 14:42:33

I bought a "festival" bag. Whether I need a "festival" bag and whether it will hold my camera purse and secret ciggie statsh remains to be seen but, it had fifty pound off. I bought a couple of belts as I need to start wearing them, they are supposed to be slimming.

Im looking at Bestival and Latitude, I think Im having a midlife crisis smile

Do you know what the sizes are like?

mrsgordonfreeman Tue 14-Jun-11 14:47:07

That model needs to STAND UP STRAIGHT and stop slouching.

I am suspicious of slouchy models, they usually do that to hide some horrible truth about the garment.

In fact all the models need to stand up properly, it's like the 9am queue outside a lecture theatre.

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 15:29:42

They are always so young and yet I find their clothes suit the more mature of us smile

HuwEdwards Tue 14-Jun-11 15:33:20

100% silk? Too high maintenance for me, but LOVERLY

thefirstMrsDeVere Tue 14-Jun-11 15:35:41

I looked at it and thought 12 quid? Bargain!

Then I looked again shock

<slinks back to Primark where she belongs>

grin

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 15:35:45

I think it black it wouldnt be so band. Indeed it is lovely. The back of it is gorgeous, sadly, I would have to wear a cardi over it to cover my bloody arms.

winefairy Tue 14-Jun-11 16:33:21

Wise buys, indeed kitkatya. You will definitely need a 'festival bag' for festivals. It's almost the law.

I would consider more festivals but we live in Edinburgh so they all involve a monumental schlep down the country. Dreading the drive to Bestival as it is!

As for sizing, did you mean Anglomania? If so I believe it's true to size verging on generous. Just the way I like it wink

kitkatya Tue 14-Jun-11 17:34:39

Me too!!!

you could buy a festival bag and pretend to go to the Edinburgh Festival? Its on so long, you may need two.

That is along drive. I dont know whats in the middle even. The Big Chill?

winefairy Tue 14-Jun-11 18:58:05

Tempted, kitkatya, tempted! Not sure it's big enough to hold a brolly though which is de rigueur for the Edinburgh Festival!

Big Chill is nearer but it doesn't have Mr Tumble so it's a non starter, I'm afraid. We are very fussy festival goers! grin Have you bought tickets yet?

yankeecandlelover Tue 14-Jun-11 18:59:56

Its lovely and it would do right through till autumn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now