Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Right then, how do you get rid of chin fat?

(16 Posts)
thisisourtiime Mon 13-Jun-11 18:58:00

Surgery? Or something else?

TattyDevine Mon 13-Jun-11 19:01:32

You can have the smartlipo thing I think

Um...dieting?

What else. Yeah that's all. Lipo or dieting.

Lipo it is, then!

thisisourtiime Mon 13-Jun-11 19:03:13

Dieting doesn't fix it, I still had it when I weighed 3 stone less sad

My brother has it too and he's skinny as a rake.

Goddam genes.

K999 Mon 13-Jun-11 19:04:51

Chin ups? grin

TryLikingClarity Mon 13-Jun-11 19:07:46

I know how you feel, it is in our family genes too.

It's been the bane of my life forever! Am starting to get used to it, or maybe just resigned to it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful brew

thisisourtiime Mon 13-Jun-11 19:19:26

THanks!

Looks like it costs about 2k.

<buys scratch card>

TracyK Mon 13-Jun-11 19:42:29

Don't know if its any good - but you can get laser lipo for a hundred or so quid. Groupon sometimes have deals on for a course of them. Its kind of like the slender tone pads - but using laser - so non invasive - but may be a complete waste of money!

FellatioNelson Mon 13-Jun-11 22:03:27

My double chin did reduce quite dramtically when I lost weight. Unfortunately the loose skin did not. confused Surgery is your best bet. grin

chipstick10 Mon 13-Jun-11 22:28:10

My chin actually makes me very depressed and unhappy. I cant look at myself in the mirror it is so bad and so apparent. Think fred elliot in corrie or eileen in corrie. Its not a double chin, that i could cope with, its like a turkey neck. I cant find a hairstyle or any clothing that can disguise it. Im very ugly because of it.

JackieNo Mon 13-Jun-11 22:30:55

Scary exercises? grin

BillyJoel Mon 13-Jun-11 22:32:15

Since I once saw it years ago, I have been looking for a website about face exercises. It reckoned that with doing the right exercises, you can have the equivalent of a facelift just by exercising and toning your facial muscles. And when you think about it, you can pull a very weird and different face with musckes,so it could well be possible to exercise your way to a good face. Anyone know anything about this?

JackieNo Mon 13-Jun-11 22:33:42

See my link below, BillyJoel grin. There are loads of sites, if you google 'facial exercises chin'.

BillyJoel Mon 13-Jun-11 22:52:52

Wot link, Jackieno? Maybe I need to haul my double chin out of the way to see it.....(grin)

BillyJoel Mon 13-Jun-11 22:54:14

oops - now I see your link - it is above (just the different way we personalise our sites....) I can leave my double chin unhauled...!

BillyJoel Mon 13-Jun-11 22:56:08

Just checked the link - will I look that scary doing it??

JackieNo Tue 14-Jun-11 08:04:49

grin - yes, sorry, forgot that not everybody will have theirs set up the same as me. I guess you might look as scary (though maybe not quite as manic!) - best not to do these sorts of exercises when anyone might see you grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: