Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

top now in sale. Grrr

(19 Posts)
Flakes Mon 13-Jun-11 18:54:50

The v nice Anglomania top I bought from Selfridges a week ago has now shown up in their sale shock With £90 offshock Can I return the one I have (all labels still attached) and buy in the sale or would I only get sale price as refund anyway? Can't believe it...

iEmbarassedMyself Mon 13-Jun-11 18:56:44

If you have the receipt with the price you bought it at, they should refund it at full price
If not, only expect sale price smile
hth

dexter73 Mon 13-Jun-11 18:57:05

If you still have the receipt I don't see why you couldn't take it back and buy another one.

Geordieminx Mon 13-Jun-11 18:57:30

If you have the receipt then yes.

Flakes Mon 13-Jun-11 19:10:43

Thank you for replies. I'm in Northern Ireland so would be returning by post- internet purchase. Think I might chance my arm...

madammecholet Mon 13-Jun-11 19:11:27

Linky please, I love VW Anglomania.....

madammecholet Mon 13-Jun-11 19:12:33

was it this one... yuuuum..

Flakes Mon 13-Jun-11 19:15:24

Yes, it bloody well is. And it goes with everything. And I love it. And DH nearly died when he saw price (my mistake). And now my eyes have nearly fallen out of my head in disbelief that the sale started a week after I blew that much cash on a top. WAHHHH

madammecholet Mon 13-Jun-11 19:17:27

Buy it in the sale NOW, and send other one back. FOR SURE...distance selling regs say you have 28 days....and they have to refund your postage....smile

Geordieminx Mon 13-Jun-11 19:21:39

Tis beautiful envy

Flakes Mon 13-Jun-11 19:33:35

Madamme, are you sure?! Sounds too good to be true!

madammecholet Mon 13-Jun-11 19:34:35

Listen, DO it, at the very worst, you send back the original one with the latest purchase paperwork and ask for refund.....but I would never say that out loud !!!wink

Flakes Mon 13-Jun-11 19:51:21

So far so goodsmile Have now bought at greatly reduced price and printed off my returns label- paid for by them!!! Now just need to visit Post Office tomorrow. Thank you for advice. Now, who else needs one? I can guarantee it is v nice and almost a purpley blue. Mmmm.

dexter73 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:17:58

Yay! You now another £90 to spend!

Flakes Mon 13-Jun-11 21:00:28

Dex, I hadn't thought of it like that! ha ha ha ha hagrin

winefairy Tue 14-Jun-11 09:58:55

I quite fancied this one although in the sale obviously but worried it would look a bit, well, frumpy. Can Anglomania even look frumpy? I'm swithering. Again.

Flakes Tue 14-Jun-11 10:36:36

Under no circumstances can Anglomania look frumpy! That is a very beautiful top and I only wish I had the opportunities (and cash) to wear it. Wine you must enjoy a swishy lifestyle smile

winefairy Tue 14-Jun-11 13:07:12

Flakes I want a swishy lifestyle, I really do. I don't know what it is but I still want it.

Top is on it's way, thanks. Only £119 at Matches. Sort of like a bargain. In an expensive way. hmm Must stop clicking on links though. Hope your return works out. Sure it will though.

Flakes Tue 14-Jun-11 15:44:32

Links are total killer and they make you really love things that you would have known nothing about. My original top just went to post office so hopefully I'm about to be £90 to the good. God, I hope this works out... Isn't it odd that a top at £100 can suddenly seem like a snip- it's so not. It's still extortionate for a top. Bloody lovely Anglomania wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: