Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What size Onesie should I get?

(9 Posts)
TracyK Mon 13-Jun-11 16:59:00

Was going to order a couple from Figleaves - but it says if packet is opened - it can't be returned!! What a pia!
I am a large, tall size 16 (top end).
Also Debenhams have - what looks the same - but isn't called a Onesie - is it the same thing? Its called Maidenform weightless power body shaper.

madammecholet Mon 13-Jun-11 18:35:23

I got large, its a 14-16 imo....<makes me look a 12-14 though> grin

TracyK Mon 13-Jun-11 19:20:42

Do you think an Xl will be ok for me then - I've put XL and XXL in my basket of a couple of things and I'm over £200 ! Would be good if I could just get 1 of everything - though I will be returning all but 1 item I think.

madammecholet Mon 13-Jun-11 19:23:45

Def not XXL....try L or XL and send one back....they are super stretchy and you want it to hold everything in.....

moragbellingham Mon 13-Jun-11 20:53:11

I wore my "M" last week and I'm a 10/12. I wouldn't have dared wear my dress had I not had this on underneath.

I just had one slight problem. Going to the loo requires lots of practice beforehand IMEblush!!!!.

moragbellingham Mon 13-Jun-11 20:58:27

I have just looked at the packaging of my "Onesie" pruchased from ASOS and it is indeed the weightless power body shaper (sometimes called the lite control singlet).
Lite control is an understatement BTWsmile

TracyK Mon 13-Jun-11 21:17:49

hmm - I might be pushing it for an L! Might get one to try on for a laugh - prob more like an XL - and will practice the loo.

Any recommendations for quick delivery - Maidenform saying 2-5 days from their web site. Hmm might have a look on ASOS - they do next day don't they!

moragbellingham Mon 13-Jun-11 21:27:36

They're all a bit poor for standard delivery I think but have never used ASOS next day.

I now remember being slightly disappointed with something. I tried mine on with dress in the house and it looked good etc. When I was walking around town though.....I could see the line on the thigh where the onesie ended. It was a tight-ish double layered jersey dress but still thought everyone must be thinking I was wearing cycling shorts underneath my dress!

TracyK Mon 13-Jun-11 21:37:14

I'm thinking that my thunder thighs might stretch them to the limit - I have very muscly thighs. Tho the dress I have in mind has plenty of layers down it - so wouldn't see anything underneath - though the circulation may be gone from knees down!

Also thinking that any kind of 'body' is usually very short on me - as I have a really long torso.

Hmm - might have to go with one of the other 'slips' and just keep howking it down!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: